4 Best Anti Aging Essential Oils Plus A DIY Night Time Serum
The process of aging is slow and gradual. One necessarily doesn’t have to cross a particular threshold to develop these signs on the skin. Keeping in mind our lifestyle and the environment we live in, it is very likely that one might find these signs in their late twenty’s or early thirty’s. So, how do you take care of your skin without creating a hole in your pocket? Do not worry, for we have got your back. Here are four essential oils to fight to age. And that’s not all; we also have a DIY night serum to keep your skin youthful!
ESSENTIAL OILS FOR AGEING
- Frankincense Essential Oil
With the gradual increase in age, cells stop regenerating fast. Frankincense oil accelerates the process of cell regeneration. Mix a drop of the oil with a teaspoon of almond oil to apply on your face.
- Lavender Essential Oil
The anti-oxidants in lavender oil fight some of the most prominent signs of ageing such as wrinkles and fine lines. Mix a drop of lavender oil with a teaspoon of coconut oil and apply it on your face.
- Geranium Essential Oil
Rich in powerful ant-oxidants and anti-radicals, this oil helps in fighting wrinkles, fine lines, spots, blemishes, and sagginess. Mix a drop of geranium oil with a teaspoon of jojoba oil and apply it all over your face.
- Jojoba Oil
Rich in vitamin E and zinc, jojoba oil works wonders on fine lines and wrinkles. Since jojoba oil is carrier oil itself, you can directly apply it on the skin.
DIY ANTI-AGEING NIGHT SERUM
This anti-ageing serum can be made with a combination of essential oils and is great for combating signs of ageing.
- A carrier oil of your choice – 30 ml
(Preferably jojoba, coconut, or almond)
- Vitamin E capsule – one
- Frankincense Oil – one drop
- Lavender Oil – one drop
- Geranium oil– one drop
- Glass container or dropper – for storage
- In a bowl, take 30 ml of the carrier oil. Since the essential oils are very strong potent in nature, they cannot be used on the skin directly. Hence, you need to dilute them with mild carrier oil.
- Next, empty a vitamin e capsule to it. The thick vitamin e will ensure that all of our essential oils dissolve well in the serum.
- Add a drop of lavender oil. It fights wrinkles and fine lines.
- Next, add a drop of frankincense oil. The frankincense oil helps in the faster regeneration of skin cells.
- Lastly, add a drop of geranium oil. Geranium oil is full of anti-oxidants and anti-radicals which keep your skin youthful while fighting all the signs of ageing like fine lines, wrinkles, sagginess, and so on.
- Mix it well.
- Pour the contents in a glass bottle.
- Voila! Your night serum is ready.
Use a small dropper. Take a few drops on your fingers and massage it on your face in circular motion. Use it every night for visible results. Store the serum in a cool and dry place and away from direct sunlight.