5 Belly Exercises That Anyone Can Do While Sitting
The high variation in our diet habits is one of the major reasons which have caused an increase in body fat, especially in our belly region. But you don’t have to worry anymore as we have a few belly exercises which you can do while sitting down. Let us have a look at a few of those belly exercises in this article.
#1. Oblique Pull-Ups
- Firstly, sit on a chair by placing both of your hands on the armrests.
- Now try to lean on one side of the chair without losing your balance.
- Also, try to partially lift your bum off the chair.
- Now lean on the other side of the chair and start to fold both your knees till reaching your chest region.
- While doing this, make sure that back is straight, without any bending.
- After that, lower your feet towards the ground gently.
- Also, make sure that both your feet do not touch the ground region.
- This will account for the completion of one rep.
- Follow this exercise every day regularly to get rid of the fat present in your belly region.
- Repeat doing it for about 10 to 20 times per day to see some visible changes in your belly region.
#2. Full Body Lift
- Firstly, sit on a chair in a very comfortable position.
- While sitting, make sure that you do not lean your back on the chair.
- Your back should be straight without any bending.
- Now lift both your hands and place them behind your head.
- After that, slowly lift your right knee towards your chest region.
- Then bend your left elbow towards right knee that is lifted near the chest region.
- Later return your hands and knee back to the starting position.
- Do the same procedure in the same leg and knee for about 15 times.
- Then change your leg and knee and follow the same procedure.
- Do this exercise for about 15 times individually for both alternating sets of your legs & elbows.
- Continue doing this every day regularly for a couple of days to see some effective results.
#3. Pull Knees Towards The Chest Region
- Firstly, take a chair and sit in a very comfortable position on it.
- Also, make sure that you sit in a straight position without leaning back on the chair.
- Now slowly lift your right leg and pull it towards your chest region.
- At the same time, both your hands should be placed on your right knee.
- Remain in the same position by holding your knee using your hands for about 5 seconds.
- Then slowly return your knee back to the starting position.
- Now repeat the same process on the left leg and hold it in the same position for about 5 seconds.
- This will be considered as one rep.
- Repeat doing the same exercise every day regularly to see some impressive results in your body.
- Also, do this exercise for about 15 times for each leg every day to burn the excess fat present in your belly region.
- Firstly, take one chair and sit in a very comfortable position on it.
- Then make sure that you do not lean back on the chair and try to sit at the front portion of the seat.
- Now place both your feet in a flat position on the floor.
- After that, raise both your arms and straighten it fully to the level of your shoulders.
- Now start to twist the upper portion of your body in the right direction.
- After that, bend your body in the downwards direction and touch your right foot with the help of your left hand.
- Continue to stay in the same bent position for a couple of seconds with your hands on the foot.
- Then return back your body and hands to the starting straight position.
- Now bend your upper portion of the body to the same downwards direction and touch your left foot by using your right hand.
- This will constitute one repetition.
- Do this exercise for about 25 to 30 reps regularly every day to see some positive and visible results in your belly region.
#5. Knee Pull-Ins
- Firstly, sit in a straight position on a chair without leaning your back on it.
- Now place both your feet flat firmly on the floor or ground in front of you at hip’s width apart.
- After that, keep your back straight by pulling your belly button in towards your spine region.
- Also, lift your right knee slowly towards the chest region.
- After that, bring your arms towards the shin region such that you will get a bigger stretch in your lower abs.
- This will account for one rep. After that, change your leg and follow the same process using the other leg.
- Repeat doing the same exercise for about 20 to 30 reps on each leg.
- Follow this regularly for a couple of days to see some effective results in your belly region.
#6. Toe Touches
- Firstly, lie down on your back flat on the floor in a straight position.
- Then you have to go down to a triangle position by bending your knees slightly.
- While bending your knees, make sure that both your feet are placed flat on the ground firmly by placing them at a distance of about hip-width apart.
- Now place both your arms either behind your head or by crossing them over your chest region.
- Also, tighten the muscles on your stomach region.
- Then slowly raise your upper back along with your head off the ground with the help of your abs.
- And gently exhale while raising your back and head.
- Try to stay in the same position by holding your head and back up for about 5 seconds.
- After that, slowly return back to the same starting position by placing your back and head on the ground.
- While returning back to the starting position, start to inhale the air.
- This will constitute 1 rep. And doing about 10 reps will account for 1 set.
- Try doing about 5 sets regularly for a couple of days to see some effective results.
- You will be able to observe a major reduction of fat present in your belly region. Also, it helps in toning your abs.
Latest posts by Tharaa Nagendran (see all)
- 5 Anti-Aging Plants That Are Better Than Botox - September 11, 2019
- How to Regulate Irregular Periods with these Easy Home Remedies - September 10, 2019
- DIY Face Mask For Glowing, Gorgeous Skin - September 4, 2019