5 Best DIY hair growth oils you can prepare at home
Hair growth may not be proper for some of us due to a lot of factors that could even spoil the health of our hair. Rather than using chemical-based hair care products and medications, the best way to get rid of such hair problems is using homemade oils for our hair. Let us have a look at a few of the hair growth oil DIY recipes…
#1. Fenugreek And Onion Seed Oil
|Fenugreek seeds||1 tbsp|
|Black onion seeds (Kalonji)||1 tbsp|
|Coconut oil||100 ml|
|Regular water||1 bowl|
- Firstly, take the fenugreek seeds and put them into a blender or a mixer.
- Grind the fenugreek seeds well until it turns to a fine powder.
- Then put the powdered fenugreek into a small bowl.
- After that, add the black cumin seeds into a clean blender and start grinding it.
- Now put the ground black cumin seeds into another small bowl.
- Then take a clean, empty glass bottle and add the fenugreek powder and black cumin seed powder to the bottom of the bottle.
- Then fill the remaining bottle with coconut oil.
- Now take a bowl filled with regular water and start heating it.
- Once the water reaches the boiling point, remove it from the heat.
- After that, place the bottle containing the coconut oil on the hot water in the bowl for about 15 minutes.
- Then take the bottle out and keep it in the direct sunlight for about 15 days.
- This oil can be used right from the fifth day after placing it in the sunlight if you keep on refilling it with coconut oil.
- Take a small amount of this oil and start applying it on your hair and scalp like the normal hair oil.
- Continue applying this oil for about 2 to 3 times per week regularly to see some visible changes in the health and growth of your hair.
#2. Fresh Curry Leaves Oil
|Fresh curry leaves||a handful|
|Coconut oil||2 to 3 tbsp|
- Firstly, place a pan and add the coconut oil and curry leaves into it.
- Then start heating the pan for a few minutes.
- Wait until a black residue is formed around the leaves present in the pan.
- Now switch off the burner and remove the pan from heat.
- Make sure that you do not stand very near to the pan or stove while doing this as the oil will tend to splutter at that time.
- Wait until the oil cools down for a few minutes.
- Then use a strainer to strain the curry leaves oil separately in a small bottle leaving the residues aside.
- Now take a few drops of this curry leaf oil and start applying it all over your hair and scalp.
- Also, start massaging your scalp and hair with the applied oil using your fingertips.
- Focus more on the ends and roots of your hair while applying the oil.
- Finally, rinse your hair after 1 hour with normal shampoo and regular water.
- Continue massaging your hair and scalp with this oil for about 2 to 3 times per week regularly before taking hair wash to see some impressive results on your hair.
#3. Curry Leaves And Fenugreek Oil
|Olive oil||1 tbsp|
|Coconut oil||1/2 cup|
|Fenugreek seeds||2 tbsp|
|Fresh curry leaves||10 to 20|
- Firstly, take a large bowl and add the coconut oil into it.
- Then place the bowl on the burner and start to heat the coconut oil for some time.
- Now add the fenugreek seeds into the hot boiling oil kept in the bowl.
- Leave the oil to get boiled until the fenugreek seeds turn into black color.
- After that, add the olive oil into the hot coconut oil kept in the bowl.
- Then add the fresh curry leaves into the bowl. After some time, the oil mix kept in the bowl will start turning into dark brown color, wait until the oil mix turns to black color.
- Now remove the oil from heat and allow it to get cool down for some time.
- Crush the curry leaves properly and mix it well with the oil.
- Now use a strainer to strain the oil separately in a bottle, leaving the residues behind.
- Take a few drops of this oil and start applying it all over your hair and scalp like any normal hair oil.
- Repeat using this oil on every alternate day on your hair regularly to stimulate your scalp for proper hair growth.
#4. Onion And Curry Leaves Oil
|Coconut oil||2 cups|
|Onions||5 to 6|
|Fresh curry leaves||1 small bowl (0.5 oz)|
- Firstly, peel the outer skin layer of the onion and chop them into a few small slices using a knife.
- Then take a pot and add the coconut oil into it.
- Now start to heat the pot containing the coconut oil for some time.
- When the coconut oil reaches the boiling point, add the freshly chopped onion slices and fresh curry leaves into it.
- Let the oil mixture boil for about 40 minutes.
- Then remove the oil from heat and allow it to cool down for about 2 to 3 hours.
- Once the oil becomes warm, strain it using a filter or a strainer.
- After that, fill the strained oil into an air-tight bottle and store it for future use.
- Take a few drops of this oil and start applying it all over your hair and scalp using your fingertips.
- Gently massage your scalp using the fingertips with the applied oil for about 5 minutes.
- Try to focus more on the ends and roots of your hair. Prefer applying this oil before going to bed and leave it to be there on your hair for overnight. If not, then allow the oil to be there on your hair for at least 30 minutes.
- Finally, rinse your hair with normal water and shampoo it.
- Then condition your hair and pat it dry with a clean towel.
- Repeat using this oil very frequently whenever you can to notice some visible changes in your hair growth.
Latest posts by Tharaa Nagendran (see all)
- Permanent Facial Hair Removal From Chin, Upper Lip, Legs with Egg - November 27, 2019
- CLEAR ACNE WITH TEA TREE OIL MASK - October 30, 2019
- How to Make Vitamin E Day Cream and Night Cream for Younger Looking, Fair & Glowing Skin - October 30, 2019