5 Detox Water Recipes for Beautiful & Glowing Skin
The daily diet has a major impact on our skin care. The nourishment via foods and fruits is immense and completely rejuvenates the body and mind from within. Sometimes, the easiest ways to induce the healthy properties of these superfoods is by having detox waters. This also provides a nice flavour to water that makes it more interesting. It can also be substituted for sodas and other sugary beverages as it is a much healthier option. The following recipes make use of food items found in the kitchen and are thus cost-effective ways to make the skin glow.
1. Strawberries & apple
- Water – 2 Litres
- Lemon – 1
- Strawberries – 5
- Apple – 1
- Fresh Mint Leaves – A handful
- Cinnamon – 1 Teaspoon
- Ice – Handful
- Slice the strawberries and the apple.
- In a pitcher, first, add the water and then the fruits. Let it sit for at least an hour.
- Now, add the ice, mint and cinnamon. Stir it well and it is ready to be consumed.
- This can be had daily or weekly as one prefers.
2. Blueberries and Oranges
- Water – 6 Cups
- Mandarin Oranges – 2
- Blueberries – A Handful
- Ice – As required
- Cut the mandarin into wedges.
- In a jug or pitcher fill the water, & then add the ingredients. Let the fruits take their time to get infused into the water.
- Set it aside overnight (5-8 hours).
- Before consumption, squeeze a slice of the orange, to enhance the flavour and serve this drink cold.
- This can be had in the place of water or a juice as it is a neat blend of the two fruits.
3. Apple and Cinnamon
- Water – 1 Gallon (3.7 Litres)
- Apples – 2 or 3
- Cinnamon Sticks – 2
- Slice the apples and add them to the boiling water.
- Also, place in the cinnamon sticks and let it steep for 15 minutes on a simmer.
- Take it off the heat and let it cool down.
- Once cooled, strain the liquid in a container and refrigerate it.
- This drink can be had as often as possible.
4. Lemon and Cucumber
- Water – 12 Cups
- Medium Sized Cucumber – 1
- Lemons – 2
- Mint Leaves – 10
- Slice the cucumber and lemon and place it in a jug.
- Add the water and stir it nicely.
- Add the mint leaves and give the jug another stir.
- Refrigerate the jug for 30 minutes and the drink is ready to be consumed.
- This drink can be consumed at any time and can also be substituted for regular water.
5. Apple Cider Vinegar & Honey
- Apple Cider Vinegar – 2 Tablespoons
- Warm Water – 1/2 Litre
- Fresh Lemon Juice – 2 Tablespoons
- Honey – 2 Teaspoons
- Cayenne pepper – 1/2 Teaspoon
- Place the warm water in the glass and add the honey to it. Stir it well so that the honey gets fully dissolved.
- Add in the lemon juice and apple cider vinegar and again stir it thoroughly.
- Top this drink with cayenne pepper, for an added flavour.
- Stir the drink well and drink it immediately.
- If the drink is too strong, one may follow it with a glass of water.
- Having this drink daily or once in 2 days is very beneficial for the skin.
Latest posts by Arushi Phakey (see all)
- Top 5 DIY Nourishing Protein Hair Mask - May 31, 2019
- Remove Wrinkles on Face Permanently with this Natural Pack - May 21, 2019
- Use it for just a few Nights and Get Spot Free Glowing Skin - May 19, 2019