5 DIY Beauty Product Tips
I honestly don’t have the time and patience to get that much-required parlour treatment at times. Not that I neglect my skin care, but it’s often very exhausting. This results in the creation of so many more beauty problems, making me look dull and pale.
Thankfully, there are a few DIY methods that I’ve been practising at home. And the best part is that they actually work! Initially, I was a bit sceptical about using them as I never did before, but after a few times, I got a hang on it. These DIY Beauty Products are made from natural ingredients that we can find at home.
So what are you waiting for? Let’s do some self-care!
Turmeric and Oats Face Mask
This is my favourite one. Not only because it’s very easy to use, but also because I love the way my skin feels after using it. Turmeric, as you know, is an age-old beauty remedy. Oats help in scrubbing the skin and removing the dead skin cells. It’s better to use milk in this mask than water, as it will help moisturize your skin. And lastly, I like to add a few drops of honey, as it makes my skin smoother and softer.
- Ground Oats: 2 tablespoons
- Turmeric: 1 teaspoon
- Milk: 3 tablespoons
- Honey: a few drops
- Mix all the ingredients to form a paste.
- Apply on your face and give a gentle scrub for a few minutes.
- Leave it on for another 5-10 minutes.
- Rinse with plain water.
- I like to use this mask at least once a week, as the ingredients are not so strong.
Eggs and Olive Hair Mask
Earlier, I had very dry and weak hair and had to get a hair cut very often. This mask has helped me grow out my hair, by not only making them stronger but also by adding shine and stimulated my hair growth.
- Eggs: 2
- Olive oil: 1/4th cup
- Take the egg whites of two eggs and mix them with olive oil.
- Massage your scalp using this mixture and leave it on for 15-20 minutes.
- First, rinse with plain water then apply mild shampoo.
- You can use it once a week or as per your need.
I personally love using lip colour. I want to use lipstick daily, but the chemical ones often leave my lips very dry and chapped. Therefore, I try this candy lipstick that is made with vaseline, which moisturizes my skin and doesn’t give any side effects!
- Lollypop or a candy: 1, of the colour of your choice
- Vaseline: 1 tablespoon
- Beat the candy into a powder.
- Take the broken candy and vaseline into a bowl and microwave for 2 minutes, You can also keep it over a bowl of hot water.
- After they have melted, store them in a clean lipstick container.
- This should last you about a month. After that, you can just repeat the recipe.
DIY Eye Cream Recipe
Since I spend a lot of time on computers, it makes my eye look dull. Not only that, but those dreaded dark circles also appear at times. Instead of using some random cream, I make my own:
- Avocado Oil: 4 tablespoons
- Rosehip oil: 2 tablespoons
- Vitamin E capsule: 1 number
- Lemon essential oil: 3 tablespoons
- Beeswax: 2 tablespoons, melted
- Add avocado oil, rosehip oil, and beeswax into a bowl. Keep this bowl in a saucepan with hot water.
- Let it simmer until everything is melted and mixed.
- Take the bowl out and add the lemon essential oil and the content of Vitamin E capsule.
- Pour in a jar and let it set.
- I use this cream daily before going to bed.
Witch Hazel makeup setting spray
The chemical sprays often lead to clogging your pores resulting in dark spots and pimples, therefore I use this DIY:
- Witch hazel: 1/2 cup
- Rose water: 1/2 cup
- Spray bottle
- Mix the rose water and witch hazel and pour into spray bottle.
- Use it before and after applying makeup.
Latest posts by Manisha Joshi (see all)
- Erase Wrinkles from Your Face on Natural Way - May 31, 2019
- 5 Natural And Healthy Ways To Improve Hair Growth - May 21, 2019
- DIY Baking Soda Mask To Remove Stains, Wrinkles and Dark Circles on Your Face Without Botox - May 16, 2019