5 Easy Natural Hair Remedies You’ll Wish You’d Known Sooner
Hair care is one of the most vital parts of our daily routine. However, many depend on commercial products for their regular upkeep. This compels the hair to depend on these products and thus they eventually stop being nourished from within. There are many natural items found in the household that can be used to keep the hair healthy and fresh in a very cost-effective way. The following are 5 such easy natural homemade remedies…
1. Apple Cider Vinegar
This is useful for removing dandruff from the scalp.
- Distilled Water – 1/4 Cup
- Liquid Castille Soap – 1/4 Cup
- Jojoba Oil – 1/2 Teaspoon
- Apple Cider Vinegar – 1 Tablespoon
- Apple Juice – 3 Tablespoons
- Ground Cloves – 6
- Dispenser – 1
- Add the soap, jojoba oil, apple cider vinegar, apple juice and ground cloves in the blender and add the water to it.
- Blitz it till a smooth liquid is formed and all the ingredients are well incorporated into it.
- Use this liquid as a shampoo while washing the hair as usual.
- The remainder of the liquid can be stored in the fridge for up to 3-4 days.
- Repeat this process twice a week for the best results.
2. Aloe Vera
This helps in improving healthy hair growth.
- Lemon Juice – 5 Drops
- Tea Tree Oil – 2 Drops
- Aloe Vera Gel – 3 Teaspoons
- In a bowl, place the aloe vera gel and add the lemon juice and tea tree oil to it. Mix well so that the ingredients get well incorporated.
- Take this mix and massage the scalp well using the finger tips. Make sure all the areas are covered thoroughly.
- Cover the hair with a shower cap and leave it on for 30-40 minutes.
- Wash it off using shampoo and conditioner.
- Repeat this process once a week for the best results.
Eggs contain a lot of protein that helps strengthen the hair and also moisturises dry and brittle hair
- Egg White – 1
- Warm Water – 2 Tablespoons
- In a bowl, place the egg white. Pour in the water and whip it till it becomes slightly frothy.
- With clean hands, apply this mixture to the hair and scalp.
- Massge it well using the fingertips in circular motion.
- Continue doing this for a few minutes.
- Wash it off using cold water with shampoo and conditioner.
- Repeat this process once or twice a week for the most effective results.
4. Milk and Honey
Both honey and milk have properties that make the hair much softer and nourishes the hair from within and gives a good shine.
- Milk – 1 Cup
- Honey – 1 Tablespoon
- Take a bowl and add the milk and honey to it. Mix it well so that the ingredients blend together properly.
- Apply this mix to the hair and gently massage it into the hair from root to tip.
- Leave it on for 20 minutes and then wash it off using a mild shampoo.
- Repeat this process once or twice a week.
5. Curry Leaves and Coconut Oil
This unique combination prevents the hair from being frizzy and dry.
- Coconut Oil – 1/2 Cup
- Fresh Curry Leaves – 8
- In a pot, add the coconut oil and bring it to a boil.
- Add in the curry leaves and let it steep till a black residue is formed in the bottom of the pot.
- Collect the residue and apply it to the hair.
- Repeat this process twice a week for the quickest results.
Latest posts by Arushi Phakey (see all)
- 5 Detox Water Recipes for Beautiful & Glowing Skin - April 22, 2019
- Fresh Pumpkin As a Highly Rejuvenating Natural Anti-Aging Facial - April 22, 2019
- Amazing Painless Facial Hair Remover Homemade Mask - April 16, 2019