5 Natural And Healthy Ways To Improve Hair Growth
Who isn’t a fan of long and healthy tresses? But the commercial products and treatment seem like too much work? Worry not, here are 5 natural and healthy ways to improve hair growth that doesn’t burn a hole in your pocket and also require minimal efforts!
Indian Gooseberry (Amla)
Vitamin C is one of the factors for healthy hair growth. Amla is rich in vitamin C and therefore is very helpful in improving the growth of your hair. It can also help increase the blood circulation in your scalp thereby making it much healthier, and your hair smoother and shinier. Amla also has antioxidants that can remove damage from your hair.
- Amla powder: 2 tablespoons
- Olive oil: 2 tablespoons
- Heat the oil and add the amla powder. Keep heating until the oil turns brown.
- Keep it aside to let it cool down.
- While it is warm, massage the oil into your scalp using your fingers. Do this for 15 minutes.
- Let the oil be in the hair for about 30 minutes more.
- Wash with a mild shampoo.
- Repeat thrice a week for best results.
Eggs contain sulfur that is one of the key components of hair. Although it is no evidence that it surely promotes hair growth, anecdotal incidents suggest that egg yolk is actually beneficial. It can help nourish your hair which will promote faster hair growth. It is also useful for dry hair. Lemon juice, again has Vitamin C and citric acid, that will cleanse your scalp and improve its health.
- Egg yolks: of 2-3 eggs
- Lemon juice: 2-3 drops
- Beat the egg yolks and lemon juice together till you have a frothy mixture.
- Apply this mixture with your hands onto the scalp.
- Leave it on for 20 minutes. Cover your scalp with a shower cap.
- Wash and rinse with cold water only.
- Use the egg mask once a week.
Coconut milk is rich in ingredients such as potassium, iron and other essential fats.
- Coconut milk: freshly prepared, half a cup
- Lemon: half
- Lavender oil: 3-4 drops
- Mix the coconut milk and lavender oil. Squeeze half a lemon in it.
- Apply generously on your scalp and leave it on for 3-4 hours.
- Rinse with lukewarm water.
- Repeat this once every two weeks for best results.
The sulfur in onion boosts collagen production which improves the hair follicles. Onion also helps minimize the breakage of hair. Along with that, it is also known to give shine and smoothness to hair.
- Onion: 1, medium sized
- Peel the onion and cut it in four parts.
- Blend it in a grinder to form a fine paste. Add water as required.
- Strain the juice so that the chunks of onion are removed.
- Apply this onion juice by giving your hair a massage.
- Keep on for 1-2 hours then wash with a mild shampoo.
- Repeat once a week.
Rosemary essential oil promotes hair growth and also reduces hair loss.
- Rosemary oil: 2 drops
- Coconut/other carrier oil: 4 drops
- Mix both the oils and massage it into your hair and keep it on for 2-3 hours.
- Do this before every hair wash.
Latest posts by Manisha Joshi (see all)
- Erase Wrinkles from Your Face on Natural Way - May 31, 2019
- 5 Natural And Healthy Ways To Improve Hair Growth - May 21, 2019
- DIY Baking Soda Mask To Remove Stains, Wrinkles and Dark Circles on Your Face Without Botox - May 16, 2019