5 Natural Ways to get Fuller, Pink and Healthy Lips
Lips are more sensitive and delicate than we think it is. The skin on our lip is much thinner in comparison to the other skin on our face and requires the most care. Unhealthy lifestyle and cheap quality products may damage your lips permanently. Natural treatment for lips is a more recommended option to take care of your skin as natural ingredients are mild and effective to keep lips full, pink and healthy in the long run. Here are the ways in which you can use natural ingredients to make your lips healthier and pinker at home :
Chocolate and Cocoa Lip Mask
- 2 squares unsweetened dark chocolate
- 1 vitamin E capsule gel
- 1 teaspoon of cocoa butter
- Melt the chocolate squares and cocoa butter in a double boiler.
- Add the oil/gel from the vitamin E capsule to this mixture.
- Now pour this mask into a container and let it cool down.
- Once the mixture is cool, apply a thick layer of the mask onto your lips.
- Let it dry for 15 minutes.
- Wash it off which lukewarm water.
Use this lip mask whenever your lips feel dehydrated. Dark chocolate’s ingredients help in hydrating and improving thickness of the lips. Cocoa is rich in antioxidants which helps in reducing the darkness of the lips and maintains its pink colour.
Honey and Lemon Mask
- ½ teaspoon lemon juice
- 1-2 teaspoons honey
- Mix the two ingredients in a glass bowl and blend well.
- Apply this mask onto your lips and let it be for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Wash this mask off with warm water and apply petroleum jelly on the lips.
You can use this mask on a daily basis for best results. Honey is a natural humectant and helps nourish your lips. Lemon contains natural lightening agents which over time help to make the lips pinker and makes it look fuller.
Sugar and Coconut Oil Scrub
- 1 tablespoon of sugar
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- Add coconut oil to the sugar in a bowl.
- Mix well and apply onto lips.
- Use the coconut oil coated sugar granules to scrub away the dead skin cells on lips.
- Scrub gently for 5-10 minutes and wash it off with lukewarm water.
You need to use this scrub daily for best results. Over time, this scrub helps remove all dead skin cells which makes the lip look darker than it is, it helps make the lip fuller and healthier thus. Sugar works as a scrubbing agent and coconut oil works as an exfoliator, lightening and moisturizing agent.
Aloe Vera Gel Mask
- 1-2 tablespoons of aloe vera gel
- 1 teaspoon of olive/coconut oil
- Take an aloe vera leaf and slice it from the middle. Extract the gel from this leaf.
- Add the olive/coconut oil to the gel and mix well.
- You can use this mask like you use a lip balm.
- Store in the refrigerator.
You can use this mask several times in a day as per requirement. Aloe vera contains anti-inflammatory properties, as well as the vitamin E in it, helps restore moisture to the lips.
Beetroot & Strawberry Lip Balm
- ½ teaspoon beetroot powder
- ½ teaspoon dried strawberry extracts
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1-2 tablespoons of shea butter
- Empty lip balm jar
- Add shea butter and olive oil in the glass jar.
- Take a saucepan and heat water in it. Place the jar with the contents in this pan.
- Stir until ingredients melt and blend well together. Add the beetroot and strawberry powder to it and mix well.
- Remove the container from heat and let the balm cool and set.
- Use it whenever your lips feel dehydrated.
This lip balm leaves a light red stain on the lips too. Shea butter helps soothe chapped lips and beetroot contains antioxidant and anti-inflammatory agents which help to lighten discoloured lips. Olive oil works as a natural skin conditioner and strawberry helps make lips pinker and refreshes the skin with its scent.
These 5 natural ways to get pinker and healthier lips are quick and easy solutions for treating your lips right. Over time all of these treatments are proven effective in making your lips more beautiful, soft and full. If you have any other suggestions to make lips healthier, let us know in the comments below!
Latest posts by Bhavya Varma (see all)
- Amazing Coffee Packs to Remove Dark Circles for Different Skin Types - December 6, 2018
- What You Need to Know about Managing Irregular Periods with Natural Home Remedies - December 5, 2018
- This Vinegar Will Make Your Skin Glowing and Your Hair Healthy - November 28, 2018