5 Natural Ways to Remove the Dark Spots of Hyperpigmentation
The dark spots that one may notice on their face has nothing to do with tanning and also it is not a birth/genetic issue. It is due to the common phenomenon called pigmentation(also called hyperpigmentation). This may result in dark spots on the face that seem to hinder one’s true beauty. These spots may vary in size and also occur sometimes in the form of patches. This has no medical problem attached to it, however, the skin may seem unhealthy. These dark patches occur due to pigment-producing cells called melanocytes. These cells produce melanin which is responsible for providing that dark colour to the skin. When these melanocytes produce melanin in excess, it results in causing dark patches. The following are 5 natural ways to remove these spots at home.
1. Apple Cider Vinegar
- Apple Cider vinegar – 1 Teaspoon
- Lemon Juice – 1 Teaspoon
- Water – 1 Teaspoon
- Cotton ball – 3
- Mix the apple cider vinegar, lemon juice and water in a bowl.
- Wash the face or the area affected with the pigmentation.
- Dab a cotton ball into the bowl and apply the solution on the affected area of the skin.
- Let the mix completely dry up.
- Wash it off with cold water, after 30 minutes.
- This can also be used as an overnight mask daily.
- Turmeric powder – 1 Tablespoon
- Lemon Juice – 1 Teaspoon
- Mix the turmeric powder and the lemon juice in a bowl until a paste is formed.
- Apply this paste on the affected areas of the skin.
- Leave it on for 15 minutes and then wash it off with lukewarm water.
- Repeat this process daily before going to bed, for effective results.
- Almonds – 6
- Honey – 1 Teaspoon
- Lemon Juice – 3-4 drops
- Milk – ½ Teaspoon
- Put the almonds in a bowl filled with water and leave it overnight.
- Grind the soaked almonds with the milk to form a smooth paste.
- Add the honey and lemon juice to the paste and mix it well.
- Apply this paste on the affected areas of the skin and leave it on overnight.
- Rinse it off, the next morning, by using cold water.
- Repeat this process every night, before going to bed, for two weeks. After 2 weeks, do it twice a week.
4. Black Tea
- Tea Leaves – 1 Tablespoon
- Boiled Water – 1 Cup
- Cotton Balls – 2-3
- Place the tea leaves in the boiling water and allow it to steep for 2 hours.
- Strain out the leaves.
- Soak the cotton ball in the tea-water and apply it on the pigmented area of the skin.
- Repeat this process twice a day, for 6 days a week, over the span of 4 weeks, for the best results.
- Banana – ½
- Honey – ¼ Teaspoon
- Milk – 1 Teaspoon
- Mash the banana using a fork till it is smooth and without lumps.
- Add the honey and milk in and make sure it is mixed well.
- Apply this mix on the affected areas.
- Leave it on for 30 minutes and then rinse it off using warm water.
- Repeat this process twice a week.
For any of the methods, please do a patch test first to see whether any of the ingredients have any allergic reaction on the skin.