5 Reasons behind your Irregular periods you might not be Aware of – Effective Home remedies to tackle them
An irregular period is also known as Oligomenorrhoea, where the length of the menstrual cycle varies extends up to more than 35 days. This irregular menstruation can be caused by various factors. Here are the 5 reasons which cause irregular periods you might not be aware of:
- Excessive weight gain or weight loss, as both obesity and thinness of body, may affect the menstrual cycle to make it irregular.
- Irregular periods can also be caused by mental stress or emotional problems.
- Problems in female reproductive organs such as Pelvic organ and can cause malfunction like Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS), which can lead to irregularities in the menstrual cycle.
- Hypersecretion or hyposecretion of hormones and its malfunctions, especially at the time of puberty, pregnancy or breastfeeding. (The hormones affected are Thyroxine, Progesterone and Estrogen).
- Drug or medications such as Contraceptive pills can also induce the irregular menstrual cycle.
Home remedies to tackle the irregular periods:
Ginger with its unique medicinal properties is considered to regulate the periods.
- 1 teaspoon of ginger is mixed and boiled with sugar and water.
- Consume this juice three times every day after every meal.
- It is also used to relieve the cramps in stomach muscles which occurs during the menstruation period.
Being a special medicational herb, turmeric serves as both anti-spasmodic and anti-inflammatory agent. With these properties, this herb can regulate the hormone imbalance which would prevent the irregular periods. It can also be used to reduce stomach pain during the menstrual cycle.
- Consume a little amount of turmeric powder with milk daily for a few weeks in order to get the regular menstrual cycle.
- The turmeric can also mixed and used with honey or jaggery.
3. Cumin seeds:
Cumin seeds are known for its numerous health beneficial properties.
- The cumin seeds are soaked in fresh water overnight and both water and cumin seeds should be consumed in the morning.
- Drink this cumin water every day to maintain your regular menstruation.
Cinnamon is a spice which is usually used to induce the taste and flavour in the food. But cinnamon with its medicinal properties can also be used to reduce the mental stress and relieve the body from both depression and anxiety. The regular menstrual cycle will be maintained if the stress level is reduced.
- Take a single teaspoon of cinnamon powder and add it in a glass of warm milk.
- Consume this drink every day in order to regulate your periods.
- It is also said to be effective in decreasing the cramps in the stomach.
Papaya, especially in its unripened and green stage, is considered to have the property to maintain the regular menstrual cycle.
- Eating this papaya regularly for a few months would contract the muscle fibres and eases the menstrual flow.
- It is not advisable to consume papaya during the menstruation days.
6. A healthy diet and Regular exercise
Both overweight or underweight can be a reason for irregular periods. Hence, it is really important to maintain a healthy weight according to age and height. It is suggested to exercise regularly in order to control the weight and can regulate your menstrual cycle.
7. Yoga and Meditation:
Stress is another cause to induce the irregular menstrual cycle. Following yoga daily can help ease stress.
Latest posts by Indhumathi S (see all)
- This Homemade potato facial mask will remove dark spots in three nights - June 3, 2019
- Top 3 Effective tips to reduce Facial Hair naturally - May 20, 2019
- Egg Face Pack for Skin Whitening – How to make at Home - May 17, 2019