5 Ways to Lighten Up Your Dark Skin Tone Naturally
The weather takes a toll on the skin and its nourishment and the dirt adds a layer of dullness on the face. It also makes the skin dark and deprives it of its freshness. The best ways to treat this darkness in the skin is by using kitchen ingredients found at home. The following are such 5 natural home remedies.
1. With Honey and Yoghurt
Yoghurt contains skin lightening properties while honey has antibacterial and moisturising properties.
- Yoghurt – 2 Tablespoons
- Honey – 1 Tablespoon
- In a bowl, pour in the honey and the yoghurt and mix well.
- Make sure the elements are well incorporated.
- Leave the mixture to rest for 5 minutes and then apply it on the skin. Make sure all the corners are covered well.
- Leave the mask on for 20 minutes and then rinse it off with warm water.
- Repeat this process twice a week for the best results.
2. With Lemon and Turmeric
The citric acid from lemons helps improve the skin quality while the anti-oxidants nourish it from within.
- Lemon – 1/2
- Rosewater – 2 Tablespoons
- Baking Soda – 1/2 Teaspoon
- Turmeric – 1 Tablespoon
- Squeeze out the juice of the lemon in a bowl. To this add the rosewater, baking soda and turmeric powder. Mix it well so that the ingredients are well combined and you get a smooth mixture.
- Apply this mixture on the already washed neck and face.
- Leave it on for 10 minutes and wipe it off using a wet cloth.
- Wash the face well to remove any residue and colour.
- Repeat this process once a week for the most effective results.
3. With Tomato and Oatmeal
- Tomato – 1
- Yoghurt – 1 Teaspoon
- Oatmeal – 1 Teaspoon
- Slice the tomato in half and squeeze its juice in a bowl.
- In another bowl, place 2 teaspoons of this juice. Add the oatmeal and yoghurt to this and mix it all well.
- Wash the face and neck using a cleanser and then apply this mask. Leave it on for 20 minutes.
- Rinse it off using warm water.
- Repeat this process 3 times a week to get quicker results.
4. With Aloe Vera Gel
- Aloe Vera Leaves – 2
- Peel the skin of the aloe vera leaves and extract the gel from them.
- Wash the face well and apply the gel on the face evenly.
- Leave it on for 30-40 minutes and then wash it off.
- Repeat this process daily until noticeable results are found.
5. With Rice Flour and Milk
- Raw Rice – 1/2 Cup
- Milk – 4 tablespoons
- Grind the rice into a fine powder and place it in a bowl. Add the milk to it.
- Mix this well so that a smooth paste is formed.
- Apply it on the desired areas and leave it on for 20-30 minutes.
- Wash it off with warm water and pat dry.
- Repeat this process 2-3 times a week for the most effective results.
Before attempting any of the above mentioned remedies, one must do a patch-test. Here, one must apply the remedy on a small section of the skin to check whether or not the person is allergic to any of the ingredients in the remedies.
Latest posts by Arushi Phakey (see all)
- 5 Detox Water Recipes for Beautiful & Glowing Skin - April 22, 2019
- Fresh Pumpkin As a Highly Rejuvenating Natural Anti-Aging Facial - April 22, 2019
- Amazing Painless Facial Hair Remover Homemade Mask - April 16, 2019