6 natural ingredients that can color your hair without damaging it
Coloring our hair with cool colors have become one of the fashion trends in the recent times. But, often there are disadvantages because of this when it comes to the health of our hair. Though it offers an excellent appearance, it also leads to hair fall, hair damage and breakage. Many of us would obviously avoid hair coloring due to such adverse effects. But, you can still enjoy coloring your hair with the help of a few natural ingredients without damaging your hair. Let us have a look at a few of them.
#1. Cocoa Powder For Dark Brown Color
|Apple cider vinegar||1 tsp|
|Cocoa powder||1/2 cup|
|Agave syrup||1 tsp|
|Plain Soya yogurt||1/2 cup|
- Firstly, take a bowl and put all the given ingredients one by one into it.
- Mix them well using a spoon until it turns to a smooth paste.
- Now wash your hair thoroughly using a small amount of your regular shampoo.
- Then pat it dry and remove the excess water present in your hair.
- After that, take the paste and apply it all over your hair and scalp using the fingertips.
- Leave the mixture to be there on your hair for about 3 minutes.
- Finally, rinse your hair with water and pat it dry with a clean towel.
- Use a dark towel on your hair to prevent any stains.
- Use it at least once per week on your hair.
#2. Potato Peel For Darkening Hair Color
|Distilled water||2 cups|
|Potatoes (medium-sized)||5 to 6|
- Take a few potatoes and peel the outer skin layer.
- Then take a bowl and add the distilled water and boil it for a few seconds.
- Now add the peels into the water and boil it for a few minutes.
- Strain the water and allow it to get cool down for some time.
- Use any regular shampoo for washing your hair and scalp.
- Finally, wash your hair with the normal water.
- Then pour the peel solution all over your hair and allow it to get dry for a few hours.
- After this, do not wash your hair with the normal water.
- Apply it once per week regularly until you obtain the desired results.
#3. Curry Leaves And Fenugreek Seeds For Black Color
|Fenugreek seeds (powdered)||4 tsp|
|Coconut Oil||250 ml|
|Curry Leaves (powdered)||4 tsp|
|Indian gooseberry Powder||1/2 cup|
- Take a bowl filled with coconut oil and boil it on a low flame.
- Add the amla powder, fenugreek powder and curry leaves powder into the bowl.
- Mix them well and remove it from the heat.
- Leave the mixture to get cool down for about 24 hours.
- Then use a cheesecloth or strainer and filter the oil separately in a bottle leaving the residues aside.
- Now apply this oil on your scalp and hair using the fingertips.
- After that, gently massage your scalp and hair using the fingertips for a few minutes.
- Do not wash your hair with water or shampoo after applying this oil.
- Repeat it for about 2 times per week to get effective results.
#4. Henna Paste For Brown Color
|Coconut oil||1 tbsp|
|Henna powder||1/2 cup|
|Distilled warm water||1/4 cup|
- Firstly, take a bowl and put the henna powder into it.
- Add the distilled water into the bowl.
- Mix the ingredients well using a spoon until it turns to a smooth paste.
- Apply a few drops of the coconut oil all over your face, ear and neck regions.
- Now wear the gloves and use an applicator brush for applying the paste.
- Section your hair into a few small divisions and apply this paste.
- Cover all the areas of your hair starting from the top till the ends of your hair.
- Now cover your hair using a shower cap and allow it to get dry for about 1 to 2 hours.
- Finally, wash your hair with normal water.
- Then use any mild shampoo for rinsing your hair. Then pat it dry with a clean towel.
- Repeat once per month to maintain the brown shade.
#5. Black Tea Remedy For Dark Black Color
|Black tea leaves||2 tbsp|
|Distilled water||1/2 cup|
- Firstly, take a bowl and fill it with distilled water.
- Boil the water for a few minutes by placing it on a low flame.
- Now put the black tea leaves into the hot water and leave it for a few minutes.
- Remove the bowl from heat and allow it to get cool down for some time.
- Use a strainer to filter the black tea separately in a bowl leaving the residues behind.
- Apply a small amount of any regular shampoo and rinse your hair and scalp with normal water.
- After that, pour the black tea solution all over your hair and scalp.
- Leave the mixture on your hair to get dry for a few hours naturally.
- Make sure you do not wash your hair with the regular water after this.
- Use it 2 times per week regularly.
#6. Coffee Powder For Dark Brown Color
|Organic instant decaf coffee||4 tbsp|
|Any Conditioner||1/4 cup|
- Firstly, take a bowl and add both the given ingredients into it.
- Use a spoon and mix the ingredients well until it turns to a fine paste.
- Then take a dark-colored towel and put it on your shoulders to prevent stains.
- Take the coffee paste and apply it all over your hair and scalp.
- Cover all your hair with the mixture starting from the roots till the ends of your hair.
- Then wrap your hair and pin it at the top.
- Allow the paste to be there on your hair for one hour.
- Try following the timings strictly to prevent any disturbances while washing. Leaving it for a longer duration will make the paste difficult to remove and hair will become extremely dry.
- Then use the regular water and wash your hair thoroughly for a couple of times.
- Initially, apply this for about 2 days regularly.
- After that, use it once per week.
Latest posts by Tharaa Nagendran (see all)
- Permanent Facial Hair Removal From Chin, Upper Lip, Legs with Egg - November 27, 2019
- CLEAR ACNE WITH TEA TREE OIL MASK - October 30, 2019
- How to Make Vitamin E Day Cream and Night Cream for Younger Looking, Fair & Glowing Skin - October 30, 2019