6 Yoga Asanas To Cure Irregular Periods
Life for a woman can be really tough. There is a lot of stress already existing and this can further increase if someone is experiencing a disbalance in their hormones. These can leave one with acne, hair problems, mood swings and the most torturous of them all, irregular periods. It is very important that you calm your mind and relax your body while trying to regularize your periods. Here are some yoga asanas that you can follow…
Master Adho Mukha Svanasana
- Place your hands as well as your knees on the ground. Keep your hand’s shoulder-width apart.
- Breathe and arch your spine, up and down, moving your head and tail.
- Exhale and slowly lift your knees off the floor. Bring them in line with your ankle.
- Straighten both legs and make a triangle from your body.
- Stay for 20–25 breaths before coming down to rest.
Repeat this 10 times in 1 single set.
This asana will help in regularising the periods. This asana is reversal to the pull of gravity, so fresh blood flows helping in promoting the circulation and thus regularising the periods.
- Begin by lying down on your belly with hands on either side of your torso.
- Exhale and bend your knees outwards.
- Stretch your feet as close to the buttocks as possible.
- Hold your ankles and grasp the top of the feet.
- Remain in this position for 20 to 30 seconds.
- Slowly go back to the original position and lie quietly for a few breaths.
Repeat this thrice in one set.
This asana is known to stimulate the reproductive organs. This helps in regularising your periods and also helps in relieving one from the discomfort of period. This helps in easing the craps, the flow and also the irregular periods.
- Begin by kneeling on your mat and placing your hands on your hips.
- Ensure that your knees and shoulders are in the same line. Your soles should be facing the ceiling
- Inhale, draw your arch back and pull your tailbone towards your pubis. Put an external pull at the navel.
- Slide your palms over your feet and straighten your arms.
- Don’t strain your neck and keep it in a neutral position.
- Hold the position for 30 to 60 seconds and go back to the starting position.
Repeat this 10 times in 1 set, do 3 sets of it.
This asana not only cures the discomfort faced during periods but it can also help in regularising periods and controlling the blood flow.
- Stand in Tadasana with your feet and legs together.
- Bend your knees, spread them and move your chest forward between your thighs.
- Bring your elbows close to the floor and widen your arms.
- Hold here for a few breaths, inhale and return to the standing position.
Exercises To Regularise Periods
- Stand upright keeping your back straight.
- Place your hands on your waist and twist your body.
- Keep your lower body firm on the ground and move only the upper body.
- Twist the upper body from the right and then to the left.
- Stretch as much as you can, keep your abdomen tucked.
- Make sure not to stretch beyond the capacity as it can cause muscle spasms.
Repeat this 10-15 times, single set.
This exercise is great as it crunches the abdomin part to an extent that it produces heat within. This heat and the contraction helps in inducing periods on time.
- Stand straight and keep your back upright.
- Begin by keeping your feet shoulder-width apart.
- Now, push your buttocks out and start to bend from your knees.
- Ensure that your knees are parallel to your toes.
- Spread your hands in the front for balance and hold the position for 2-3 seconds.
- Slowly come back to the standing position with your hands still stretched out. Start again.
Repeat this 10-15 times in 3 sets.
Squats is an excellent exercise for toning legs, strenghteing the back and cruching the abdomon. It is the crunch in the abdomin and pelvis area which leads to a contraction, stimulating the blood flow. This helps in inducing period faster and also makes it regular.
The story of my life- I hate writing, I love having written- Dorothy Parker
Latest posts by Vani Kambali (see all)
- Natural Hair | Wash Day Routine for Healthy Color Treated Hair - September 5, 2019
- Specialized natural care for Dry and Oily Skin - September 4, 2019
- Get Soft Pink Lips Naturally at Home – Red Soften Lips Forever - September 4, 2019