7 Signs That Your Body Has Too Much Estrogen, Which Can Lead To Weight Gain!
Before I write the symptoms of how you can determine if your body has too much estrogen or not, let us know what is estrogen. Estrogen is a female sex hormone. It is responsible for the development and also the regulation of the female reproductive system. Both men and women have estrogen. Women have a higher amount of it while men have a lower amount. There are three types of estrogen. They are Estrone, Estradiol or Estriol. Estradiol is the primary hormone while the other two are seen very less in the body.
Causes of high Estrogen
Certain medicines, such as hormonal contraceptives and antibiotics, liver diseases and an ovarian tumour can cause this. Obesity can also be a reason for it. Other than that, low-fibre diet can also lead to the production of more estrogen. Menopause can also be a reason for estrogen imbalance. Polycystic ovary syndrome can also be a reason.
7 signs your Estrogen level is high
- Irregular menstrual periods –
Irregular menstrual periods are otherwise known as Menorrhagia. Your periods might be irregular, heavy or prolonged by the effect of high estrogen level.
- Mood swings –
Normally, we feel a lot of emotions in a day. At times we are happy and at times we are sad, which can be considered normal until it starts bothering your daily activities. Mood swings can be exhausting too.
- Anxiety or panic attacks –
Panic attacks and anxiety attacks are 2 different conditions. In panic attacks, the person develops a fear suddenly, it is occupied with shortness of breath and racing heartbeat. Anxiety is characterized by worry, distress and nervousness. They are mostly associated with taking up a new job.
- Hair loss –
Losing a lot of amounts while combing or shedding of hair can lead to hair loss. Thinning of hair also indicates hair loss.
- Lumps in your breast –
These are the fibrocystic lumps, they are benign which means they are not harmful or dangerous. But they can cause discomfort and uneasiness.
- Sleepiness or fatigue –
Fatigue is when you have low energy. Sleepiness – requires more sleep. Two of them are very similar yet different.
- Bloating –
In this condition, the Gastrointestinal tract is filled with gas. It can be described as a tight and full feeling. It might be accompanied by abdomen pain
High estrogen leading to weight gain –
High estrogen level normally leads to weight gain, which is a very visible and common symptom. We see women gaining weight after menopause for the same reason. Normally the fat accumulates in the abdominal and hip area.
To avoid weight gain you can –
- Create a healthy diet plan – Choosing food with a good amount of fibre – like a lot of greens. Eat a lot of fruits and vegetables.
- Avoid junk foods – Junk foods can increase weight in a snap. They are unhealthy and they contain lots of fat. Eat home cooked food.
- Staying hydrated – Drinking lots of water can be helpful in losing weight. It also keeps your body fresh and skin healthy.
- Exercising – Staying active and fit is really important. You should devote some time daily for physical exercises.
Latest posts by Khirabdhi Tanaya Patra (see all)
- Here is How to Eliminate Enlarged Pores on Your Face and Have a Baby Skin - March 21, 2019
- How To Get Bright Skin – 5 Home Remedies That Work - March 18, 2019
- 5 DIY Natural Face Packs For Gorgeous Skin - March 5, 2019