A Dentist Friend Told Me How to Eliminate Tartar, Gingivitis and Whiten My Teeth In 4 Steps with this Homemade Recipe
Teeth problems are highly common and they can be severe and painful. But now you can get rid of tartar and gingivitis and also whiten your teeth with this simple 4-ingredient remedy. All you need is baking soda, hydrogen peroxide, salt and mouthwash.
Ingredients Required for the Procedure
- 1 tablespoon of baking soda
- ½ a cup of hydrogen peroxide
- ½ a teaspoon of salt
- Mouthwash (preferably antiseptic)
- Lukewarm water
- Bowl for mixing
Procedures for Preparation and Application
- Mix 1 tablespoon of baking soda and ½ a teaspoon of salt in a bowl. Make sure that both the ingredients are thoroughly mixed.
- Now boil some water and bring it to a lukewarm temperature.
- Take your toothbrush and dip it in the water.
- Now take the mixture in the toothbrush and brush your teeth with it.
- Spit out after a few minutes but do not wash your mouth.
- Repeat this process for 5 minutes.
- Now mix ½ a cup of hydrogen peroxide and ½ a cup of water.
- Rinse your mouth with this mixture.
- After 1 minute, spit out the mixture and wash your mouth with cold water.
- Floss your gums gently. This will remove the tartar and gingivitis from the gums.
- Finish by washing your mouth with some antiseptic mouthwash.
- Follow the procedures as often as possible.
Benefits of Baking Soda
- Baking soda comes in contact with water to form an alkaline solution. This makes it a highly effective teeth whitening agent.
- Baking soda attacks the formation of plaque. This, in turn, helps to prevent and cure several gum diseases like tartar and gingivitis.
- It also reduces and prevents dental decay and protects the teeth.
- Baking soda is known to cure mouth ulcers by reducing their acidic content.
- It also reduces the acidic levels of food particles that are left in the mouth. This makes it possible to fight bad breath problems.
Benefits of Hydrogen Peroxide
- Hydrogen Peroxide is essentially a chemical lightening agent. It whitens the teeth by removing the accumulation of dirt particles on it.
- It is also effective in treating tartar, plaque, gingivitis and other oral diseases due to its antimicrobial properties.
- It helps to get rid of unwanted bacteria in the mouth and thus solves the problem of bad breath.
- It protects the teeth and prevents it from decaying.
Benefits of Salt
- Salt is high in nutrients that help to reduce tartar and gingivitis by strengthening the gums.
- It also prevents dental decay.
- Salt has a high iodine content that helps to neutralize the acids in the mouth. This prevents bad breath.
- Salt effectively whitens teeth.
- Salt is known to cause salivation which, in turn, protects the enamel of the teeth.
Additional Ways to Protect Your Teeth
- Always brush your teeth twice a day.
- Cleansing your mouth regularly is essential in preventing various oral diseases.
- Use mouthwash regularly.
- Avoid food that has high sugar content in order to protect your teeth. This will help to reduce the risk of cavities and dental decay.
Tip: Chewing unsweetened gum regularly can give you strong and healthy teeth.
Latest posts by Priyanjali Bhattacharya (see all)
- 5 Natural Skin Care Remedies for Hyperpigmentation - January 30, 2019
- 5 Simple Home Remedies to Remove Any Type of Skin Spots from Your Face - January 28, 2019
- How to Get Rid of Plaque and Whiten Your Teeth Without Expensive Treatments - January 15, 2019