Amazing Effective Homemade 2-in-1 Face and Hair Mask
Today in this article we are sharing a couple of amazing 2-in-1 masks. These 2-in-1 masks can be applied on the hair as well as the face and are easy to prepare. The ingredients used in these masks will not only benefit the skin but enhance hair health as well.
Aloe Vera Hair and Face Mask
- Take 2 fresh and medium-sized aloe Vera leaves.
- Slice them from the middle and scoop out the gel using a knife or a spoon.
- Collect one cup of this gel.
- Add 1/4th cup of lemon juice to this and add a few drops of any essential oil like tea tree oil or lavender oil.
- Add this mixture into a blender and blend well for 1 minute.
- Pour out the mixture into a bowl.
- To apply this mask on your hair, simply divide your hair into different sections and apply the mask directly onto the scalp. Massage it in for a few minutes and let it stay for 20 minutes.
- Wash it off with cold water. You may also shampoo your hair afterwards.
- Do this remedy once a week.
- To apply on the face, apply a thin layer of this on your face as well as the neck. Let it stay for 15 minutes and then rinse off with cold water.
- Do this remedy for the face at least 3 times a week.
How this helps:
Aloe Vera gel helps in hydrating the hair. It is an excellent ingredient for people with dry and unmanageable hair. Aloe Vera gel is also very effective in getting rid of dandruff when used in combination with lemon juice. When applied on the skin, this mask will help in overcoming pigmentation and getting rid of excess oil on the scalp.
Honey and Egg White Mask
- Take 2 eggs and separate the egg whites from the yolks. For this DIY we will only be using the egg white portion.
- Take the egg whites into a bowl and whip well so that they are frothy.
- Add in ½ cup of honey to the egg whites. Mix well until the honey is well combined with the egg whites.
- To apply on the hair, divide your hair into different sections. Use a spray bottle to dampen your hair slightly.
- Once your hair is damp, apply the hair mask on the scalp as well as the hair ends. Make sure your hair is well saturated.
- Let the hair mask stay for 30 minutes after which you can rinse it off and shampoo your hair.
- You can do this remedy on your hair once a week.
- To use on the face, apply a thin layer of this mask all over the face and the neck. Let the face mask dry up completely. Then rinse it off with cold water.
- You can use this remedy 3-4 times on the face every week.
How this helps:
Honey is a marvellous ingredient when it comes to taking care of the hair and the skin. This is primarily due to its moisturizing properties. It helps greatly in hydrating the skin. When applied as a face mask, it helps to get rid of dryness and pigmentation as well. Honey has small amounts of hydrogen peroxide which has a bleaching effect and hence removes sun tan as well. When we apply honey on the hair, it helps in repairing the damaged hair and gets rid of frizz. Egg whites help in drawing out the impurities from the pores and making the hair softer and shinier.