Amazing Home Remedies that turn Grey Hair to Its Natural Colour
Grey hair is normally associated with old age, but it can also be seen on young people as pollution, chemical hair products and stress are common battles they fight daily. Natural home remedies to turn this grey hair to its natural colour are always better options instead of letting chemical dyes leech into your skin. Chemical dyes not only damage the hair roots and tips, but also your scalp. Here are a few ways in which you can reverse greying hair and get your natural hair colour back :
Sage Treatment for Grey Hair
- 1 cup of plain water
- 10-15 sage leaves
- Boil the sage leaves in water.
- Remove from heat and allow this to cool down.
- Pour this cooled down liquid into a clean spray bottle. Spray this concoction all over your hair and scalp.
- Allow it to sit for 2½ hours.
- Wash it off with a mild shampoo and condition your hair.
Use this remedy on a daily basis to stop the growth of grey hair and to restore natural hair colour. Sage helps reverse grey hair by stopping grey hair growth and giving back hair’s natural colour.
Coconut Oil and Curry Leaf Remedy
- 20-25 curry leaves
- 3-4 tablespoons of coconut oil
- Boil the curry leaves in coconut oil.
- Strain out these leaves, then allow the coconut oil to cool down to room temperature.
- Massage the curry leaf coconut oil into your scalp from roots to the tips of the hair. Massage well onto the scalp too.
- Allow it to sit for 1-2 hours before washing it off with a mild/sulphate-free shampoo.
This remedy should be used on a daily basis for best results. It is a perfect remedy for young people who have prematurely grey hair as the curry leaves contain rich amounts of vitamin B. Coconut oil helps to nourish and protect your hair, in this way it helps prevent greying of hair.
Henna and Indian Gooseberry Hair Pack
- Fresh Henna Paste
- 1-2 tablespoons coffee powder
- 3-4 tablespoons of Indian gooseberry (amla) powder
- Plain water
- Prepare a fresh henna paste and add the coffee powder and gooseberry powder to it.
- Mix well until you have a uniform paste, add water if necessary.
- Apply it evenly throughout your hair. Let it sit for 1-2 hours.
- Wash off the pack with a mild or sulphate-free shampoo.
Use this hair pack once every 15 days for best results. It’s one of the most effective home remedies for grey hair as it helps cover grey hair and reverses greying of hair too. This pack dyes your hair and makes it soft, silky and smooth.
Almond Oil and Lemon Juice
- 2-3 tablespoons of almond oil
- 3 tablespoons of lemon juice
- Mix the almond oil and lemon juice well in a bowl.
- Apply it to your scalp and hair.
- Leave it on for 30 minutes.
- Wash it off with lukewarm water and a mild shampoo.
Use this hair pack twice a week for best results. Almond oil deeply nourishes the hair roots, increases the elasticity of hair and prevents split ends. It protects your hair from damage, makes it shine and reduces dandruff as well. In conclusion, it helps keep your hair healthy and thus prevents greying caused by hair damage. Lemon juice is an excellent source of vitamins B and C, and phosphorous. It provides the hair with essential nutrients and protects it from greying.
These are easy and quick ways to reverse greying of hair, that has been proven extremely effective. All of these remedies can not work overnight but need at least 2-3 months of advised usage to see results. If you have any other suggestions about how to use home remedies to turn grey hair to its natural colour, please let us know in the comments below!
Latest posts by Bhavya Varma (see all)
- Amazing Coffee Packs to Remove Dark Circles for Different Skin Types - December 6, 2018
- What You Need to Know about Managing Irregular Periods with Natural Home Remedies - December 5, 2018
- This Vinegar Will Make Your Skin Glowing and Your Hair Healthy - November 28, 2018