Anti-Aging Facial Serum with essential oils | Using Essential Oils Safely
Due to aging, our skin starts losing its elasticity, and hence, there occur a lot of effects on our skin. We tend to get wrinkles, facial lines, age spots etc on our skin. Though many beauty products are available, we always look for the one which gives a permanent solution for such problems. There are some natural anti-aging serums which could protect your skin from the aging effects. Let us see some such serum recipes using various essential oils.
#1. Pumpkin Seed Essential Oil Serum
|Pumpkin seed essential oil||1 tbsp|
|Carrot seed essential oil||3 drops|
|Argan oil||1 tbsp|
|Chamomile essential oil||3 drops|
|Grapeseed essential oil||1 tbsp|
|Amber bottle with dropper||1|
- You can also replace chamomile essential oil with frankincense, rose or lavender essential oils.
- Firstly, place an amber bottle and add the given essential oils one by one into it.
- Once all the oils are added, close the amber bottle and shake it well for a few seconds.
- Take a small amount of serum in your palm and start applying it all over your face and neck.
- Then leave the serum to be there on your skin for a few minutes, it will get absorbed by the skin.
- Store this serum mixture in the refrigerator for a longer shelf life.
- Once per day regularly until you obtain the desired results.
#2. Lemon Essential Oil Serum
|Argan oil||2 oz|
|Lavender essential oil||10 drops|
|Geranium essential oil||10 drops|
|Frankincense essential oil||10 drops|
|Lemon essential oil||10 drops|
|Amber glass bottle with dropper||1 (2 to 4 oz)|
|Tea tree essential oil (optional)||5 drops|
- For normal skin type, use the above-mentioned recipe. In case of other skin types, replace argan oil with the following oils based on your skin types.
For Dry Skin Type:
- Apricot Kernel Oil
- Almond Oil
For Acne Prone/ Oily Skin Type:
- Jojoba Oil
- Tamanu Oil
- Grapeseed Oil
For Sensitive Skin Type:
- Borage Seed Oil
- Hemp Seed Oil
- Firstly, take a glass bottle with dropper and fill more than half of the bottle with argan oil.
- Then add the given essential oils one by one into the bottle.
- Now close the bottle and shake it well for a few seconds.
- After that, take a small amount of the serum and start applying it all over your face and neck.
- Make sure that you do not apply the serum to your eye regions.
- Prefer applying this during the night before going to sleep and leave it for overnight.
- Also, make sure that you shake the bottle well before every time you use the serum on your skin.
- Once every day before going to bed.
#3. Lavender Essential Oil Serum
|Jojoba oil||15 ml|
|Lavender essential oil||10 drops|
|Tea tree essential oil||4 drops|
|Frankincense essential oil||2 drops|
|Chamomile essential oil||1 drop|
|Cedarwood essential oil||1 drop|
|Clove essential oil||1 drop|
|Amber glass bottle with dropper||1 (30 ml)|
- Take a glass bottle with a dropper and fill half of the bottle with the jojoba oil.
- Then add the mentioned essential oils one by one into the bottle.
- Now fill the remaining space left in the bottle with the jojoba oil.
- Finally, close the bottle and shake it well before using it.
- Now take a small amount of the serum and start applying it all over your skin and neck.
- Then use your fingertips and gently massage your face with the serum for a few minutes.
- If you wanted to go out after applying the serum, then apply a small amount of sunscreen lotion over the serum on your face.
- Make sure that you place the bottle containing the serum away from light for longer shelf life.
- Once per day regularly for a couple of months until obtaining the desired results.
#4. Rosehip Essential Oil Serum
|Rosemary essential oil||1 drop|
|Rosehip essential oil||1/2 ounce|
|Cypress essential oil||1 drop|
|Lavender essential oil||2 drops|
|Geranium essential oil||2 drops|
|Amber glass roll-on bottle||1|
- Take one glass roller bottle and fill it with the rosehip essential oil in it.
- Any carrier oils can be preferred instead of rosehip essential oil. Some of the other commonly used carrier oils are sweet almond oil, jojoba oil and argan oil.
- Then add the other specified essential oils into the bottle containing the rosehip essential oil.
- Close the bottle and gently shake it for a few seconds.
- Always prefer applying the serum on a cleansed face. Also, you must apply a toner before applying the serum on your face.
- Take a few drops of the serum on your hands and start applying it using the fingertips.
- Dab the serum more on those areas where you have the age spots, wrinkles and fine lines on your face.
- Finally, take a small amount of moisturizer and apply it over the serum to prevent any dryness issues.
- Once every day regularly for a couple of months to get some visible results.
#5. Vitamin E Essential Oil Serum
|Vitamin E oil||1/2 tbsp|
|Rosehip essential oil||8 ml|
|Sandalwood essential oil||2 drops|
|Frankincense essential oil||5 drops|
|Lavender essential oil||3 drops|
|Rose essential oil||3 drops|
|Helichrysum essential oil||2 drops|
|Amber glass roller bottle (10 ml)||1|
- Carrier Oil – The substitutes for the Rosehip essential oil are Sweet Almond oil, Avocado oil, Apricot Kernel Oil, Sunflower oil, Tamanu oil and Jojoba oil.
- Essential Oils – The substitutes for the essential oils given here are Geranium Oil, Rosemary Oil, Patchouli Oil, Ylang Ylang Oil, Jasmine Oil, Cypress Oil and Myrrh Oil.
- Firstly, place a glass roller bottle and add the chosen carrier oil into it.
- Now add the other chosen essential oils into the bottle containing the carrier oil.
- Then close the bottle and shake it well before using the serum.
- Now take a few drops of the serum and start applying it on your face and neck.
- After that, apply a small amount of moisturizer over the serum on your face to prevent dryness issues.
- Twice per day during the morning and evening regularly for a couple of months.
Latest posts by Tharaa Nagendran (see all)
- Permanent Facial Hair Removal From Chin, Upper Lip, Legs with Egg - November 27, 2019
- CLEAR ACNE WITH TEA TREE OIL MASK - October 30, 2019
- How to Make Vitamin E Day Cream and Night Cream for Younger Looking, Fair & Glowing Skin - October 30, 2019