Best Tea Tree Acne Treatment – Tea Tree oil Cream
Tea tree oil, also known as ti tree oil is an essential oil derived from leaves of Melaleuca alternifolia. Tree tea oil is used to treat acne, dandruff, insect bites and lice. It is also claimed to purify skin and nails and act as a deodorant and mouthwash when used in very low concentrations. It’s use has not been recommended for children. Tea tree oil makes a good remedy as it is effective, inexpensive and easy to use. The anti-bacterial properties present in tea tree oil make it a strong acne and pimple fighting agent. It is particularly helpful in making anti-acne creams.
However, it is advised to be extra careful while using tea tree oil as it has to be used in very low concentrations. Avoid using it on the area near eyes and always do a patch test to make sure it doesn’t react with your skin.
Here are a few tea tree oil recipes for acne treatment.
Tea tree oil cream with Shea butter
- 2-3 tbsp of shea butter
- 2-3 drops of tea tree oil
- Take a small jar with a lid in which you plan to store your tea tree oil cream and add both the ingredients to it.
- Use a spoon to mix the ingredients mentioned above to obtain a paste of desired consistency.
- Leave the mixture for 5-10 minutes to set.
- Apply the cream on acne spots and pimples by rubbing it in a circular motion.
- For best results, wash your face with a herbal face wash before applying this cream.
- Apply it on the face every night before you sleep.
- Tea tree oil has an anti-microbial action which fights the germs that cause acne. It also prevents acne and pimples from coming back.
- Its anti-inflammatory action reduces the redness and swelling of acne spots.
- Shea butter is rich in vitamin A and retinol. Retinol happens to be the main ingredient in many commercial acne treatments. It is known to reduce and fade acne spots.
- Shea butter also contains fatty acids which soothe acne inflamed skin and moisturizes gently. It unclogs pores & reduces swelling and redness caused by acne.
Tea tree oil cream with Aloe vera gel
- 15 ml of fresh aloe vera gel
- 3-4 drops of tea tree oil
- Use a knife/ blade to cut open aloe vera leaves to obtain fresh pulp, also called as aloe vera gel.
- Add tea tree oil to the aloe vera gel.
- Mix well to obtain a cream of desired consistency.
- Apply it on the acne spots directly by massaging it gently.
- For best results, apply daily after washing face with a mild face wash.
- Anti-inflammatory action of tea tree oil soothes skin and reduces acne.
- It is also effective in treating dry skin and blackheads.
- Tea tree oil moisturizes the skin deeply.
- Aloe vera soothes inflamed skin and helps dry out pimples, thereby reducing swelling.
- It kills the bacteria causing acne and prevents acne from coming back.
- Aloe vera acts as a gentle exfoliator and removes impurities from the skin.