1.Rub lemon slices on your armpits.
2.Apply vitamin E oil on your armpits.
3.Potato juice or paste can also be applied to lighten dark underarms; potato is a natural bleaching agent.
4.Apply papaya pulp on your armpits.
5.Make a paste using 1 tsp of lime juice, 1 tsp of cucumber juice and a pinch of turmeric powder. Apply it on your armpits and rinse after 20 minutes. This is a very effective remedy for dark underarms and so you should use it at least four times a week.
6.Apply a paste of 1 tbsp. curd, 1 tsp. gram flour, pinch of turmeric and 1 tsp. milk on your underarms. Rinse with cold water when it dries. Apply paste of rose water and sandalwood powder on your underarms.
7.Sandalwood powder mixed with lemon juice and honey can be applied to lighten dark underarms. Let the mixture dry before washing it off with cold water.
8.Another mixture that helps considerably is two tablespoons of finely powdered dried orange peels mixed with one tablespoon of yogurt.
9.Apply mixture of honey, almond oil, lemon juice, and milk powder. Apart from removing the darkness, this mixture will also help to naturally moisturize these areas.
10.Last, but not the least, as it is highly effective, apply aloe vera gel to the affected areas regularly.
11. DIY Papaya underarm skin lightening mask
- Papaya puree:1 tablespoon
- Manuka honey: 1 tablespoon
- Peppermint essential oil: 2 drops
- Wet towel: 1
- Add the ingredients in a blender and blend it to a thick paste.
- You can add a little bit of water if you find this paste too thick.
- Add the essential oil and mix it again.
- Take a generous amount of this underarm lightening mask on your face pack brush.
- Apply it evenly all over your waxed/ shaved underarm area.
- Keep it on for 20 minutes.
- Gently wipe it off with a wet towel.
- Apply an underarm cream afterward.
- Apply this underarm skin lightening mask at least twice a week to see a visible improvement.
- Papaya is enriched with papain and other skin lightening enzymes that help to get rid of discoloration.
12. Pineapple underarm skin lightening mask
- Pineapple juice:1 teaspoon
- Manuka honey: half a tablespoon
- Cotton balls: 2-3
- Mix the ingredients to form a paste with a runny consistency.
- Dip a cotton ball in this solution.
- Squeeze out the excess.
- Gently dab it on your shaved/ waxed underarm area.
- Let it dry out completely.
- Follow up with an underarm cream afterward.
- For the best results, follow this process every day before taking a shower.
- Pineapple is slightly acidic in nature and it bleaches the underarm area mildly, honey keeps it moisturized.
Avoid using deodorants that contain alcohol, instead use alum powder or after a shower rub some baking soda on your armpits.Avoid using razors or hair removing creams to remove hair , rather go for safe waxing methods as this will also help in removing dead skin underneath.
You might find this article interesting Lemon Juice In Hair, Benefits And Uses