1. Rub lemon slices on your armpits.
2. Apply vitamin E oil on your armpits.
3. Potato juice or paste can also be applied to lighten dark underarms; potato is a natural bleaching agent.
4. Apply papaya pulp on your armpits.
5. Make a paste using 1 tsp of lime juice, 1 tsp of cucumber juice and a pinch of turmeric powder. Apply it on your armpits and rinse after 20 minutes. This is a very effective remedy for dark underarms and so you should use it at least four times a week.
6. Apply a paste of 1 tbsp. curd, 1 tsp. gram flour, a pinch of turmeric and 1 tsp. milk on your underarms. Rinse with cold water when it dries. Apply a paste of rose water and sandalwood powder on your underarms.
7. Sandalwood powder mixed with lemon juice and honey can be applied to lighten dark underarms. Let the mixture dry before washing it off with cold water.
8. Another mixture that helps considerably is two tablespoons of finely powdered dried orange peels mixed with one tablespoon of yogurt.
9. Apply a mixture of honey, almond oil, lemon juice, and milk powder. Apart from removing the darkness, this mixture will also help to naturally moisturize these areas.
10. Last, but not the least, as it is highly effective, apply aloe vera gel to the affected areas regularly. This is a great remedy for the skin and even the underarms. It is a great moisturizer for the skin and provides it with crucial nourishment too. Moreover, it is anti-microbial and anti-inflammatory too. All these properties together make it a great natural remedy to beautify your underarms.
11. DIY Papaya underarm skin lightening mask
- Papaya puree:1 tablespoon
- Manuka honey: 1 tablespoon
- Peppermint essential oil: 2 drops
- Wet towel: 1
- Add the ingredients in a blender and blend it to a thick paste.
- You can add a little bit of water if you find this paste too thick.
- Add the essential oil and mix it again.
- Take a generous amount of this underarm lightening mask on your face pack brush.
- Apply it evenly all over your waxed/ shaved underarm area.
- Keep it on for 20 minutes.
- Gently wipe it off with a wet towel.
- Apply an underarm cream afterward.
- Apply this underarm skin lightening mask at least twice a week to see a visible improvement.
- Papaya is enriched with papain and other skin lightening enzymes that help to get rid of discoloration.
12. Pineapple underarm skin lightening mask
- Pineapple juice:1 teaspoon
- Manuka honey: half a tablespoon
- Cotton balls: 2-3
- Mix the ingredients to form a paste with a runny consistency.
- Dip a cotton ball in this solution.
- Squeeze out the excess.
- Gently dab it on your shaved/ waxed underarm area.
- Let it dry out completely.
- Follow up with an underarm cream afterward.
- For the best results, follow this process every day before taking a shower.
- Pineapple is slightly acidic in nature and it bleaches the underarm area mildly, honey keeps it moisturized.
13. Honey and Lemon Underarm Lightening Mask
- Raw Honey: 1 part
- Lemon Juice: 1 part
- First of all, take equal amounts of honey and freshly squeezed lemon juice in a mixing bowl.
- Then, combine the two together well by stirring them together thoroughly. You have now obtained the honey lemon mask for your underarms.
- You have to perform this remedy when you are bathing. So, firstly, apply the previously obtained mask onto your underarms thoroughly.
- After that, leave the mask on there for a few minutes.
- Lastly, wash it off while bathing and later, finish with a moisturizer and you are done!
- You can utilize this remedy every day and then adjust accordingly to your needs and its effects, for getting the best results.
- Lemon juice is known to have bleaching properties which makes it great for evening out pigmentation and lightening the skin tone. Moreover, honey will soothe and treat the delicate underarm skin well and act as a counterbalance to the acidity of the lemon juice.
14. Baking soda and Chickpea Flour underarm scrub
- Baking soda: 1 part
- Chickpea flour: 1 part
- Water: as needed
- First of all, take equal amounts of baking soda and chickpea flour in a mixing bowl.
- Then, add in some water and mix all the ingredients together to prepare the underarm scrub. Adjust the amount of water to achieve a scrub like consistency and texture.
- Now, you can use the mixture to scrub your underarms thoroughly for a few minutes before you shower or bathe.
- After that, just rinse it off with your shower and you are done!
- This is a great scrub and you can use it as much as you want just keep an eye out on your underarm skin, do not scrub it raw.
- This is a straightforward scrub recipe which works to improve the skin by exfoliating it well. The texture and properties of baking soda and chickpea flour together make the remedy very effective in getting rid of any accumulated dead cells and other impurities from your underarms. Moreover, baking soda can be anti-microbial to improve the state of your underarms and also soothe any minor inflammation there.
15. Tea Tree Oil
- Tea Tree Oil: 5-6 drops
- Distilled water: 1 cup
- Spray bottle: 1 of it
- First of all, you will need a cup of pure distilled water so prepare that.
- After that, add 5 or 6 drops of tea tree oil to the distilled water.
- Then, mix the two together well by stirring thoroughly and then take the solution in a spray bottle.
- Now, applying it is simple and obvious. Just spray some solution onto your underarms, just like you would a deodorant or perfume, and then leave it be. You are done!
- This is a simple remedy but highly effective so you can use it every day to get lighter underarms in no time.
- Tea tree oil is terrific not just for the skin but for the whole body. It has tons of antioxidants which protect the skin and help to lighten and brighten your skin. Moreover, it is also anti-microbial and possesses a gentle aroma which also goes along great as an application for the underarms.
You might find this article interesting Lemon Juice In Hair, Benefits And Uses