We all take care of our face in every possible way. However, we end up neglecting our hands. Like the face, even our hands are exposed to daily pollution, harsh rays of the sun, uneven moisture, etc. which makes them appear dull and lifeless.
There are various amazing natural remedies through which you can make your hands softer and smoother at home. Continue reading to know more about such remedies.
1) Curd and gram flour pack
- Gram flour – 2-3 tablespoons
- Curd – 2 tablespoons
How to use it:
- Mix gram flour and curd in a bowl and prepare a thick paste.
- Apply it generously on your hands.
- When it dries, let it be like this for 15-20 minutes.
- Wash it off with cold water.
- Apply this paste on the hands every alternate day.
This pack provides a much-needed glow to the hands and makes them smooth. It exfoliates the hand area, removes all dead skin cells and makes it appear bright. Curd provides nourishment to the skin and makes it lighter.
2) Almond Oil and Butter Mixture
- Almond – 2 tablespoons
- Butter – 1 tablespoon
How to Use it:
- Mix the given amounts of oil and butter in a small bowl and heat it.
- When the oil cools down, massage your hands with this oil for 2-3 minutes.
- Let it be like this for minimum 15 minutes, then wash it off with lukewarm water.
- Apply this oil to your hands every day at least once for better results
Almond oil contains Vitamin E and butter contains essential lubricants that play an essential role in healing the hand skin and softening it. It also decreases wrinkles on hands.
3) Almonds, Honey and Egg Yolk Pack
- Almonds – 2-3 pieces
- Honey – 1 tablespoon
- Some amount of egg yolk
How to use it:
- First, crush the almond pieces using a grinder to make fine particles.
- Then mix honey, crushed almonds, and egg yolk together in a bowl and keep stirring till a fine paste is formed.
- The paste should be thin. In case it appears thick, add 2-3 tablespoons of water to it.
- Apply it finely on your hands and let it dry for 10 minutes.
- Scrub your hands smoothly, once the paste dries up. Then wash it thoroughly with regular water.
- Apply this paste to your hands at least twice a week.
Almonds and egg yolks contain Vitamin E and Vitamin A respectively that acts as a moisturizer and nourishes the hand skin and exfoliates it. Honey makes the skin smoother.
Apart from using these home-based remedies, follow some regularities to take care of your hands. Few of these are:
- While going out, wear gloves so that your hands don’t get exposed to the sun or pollution.
- If you need to be our, use a good quality sunscreen with prescribed SPF to apply on your hands. Reapply them after every 3-4 hours.
- Like your face, wash your hands with regular water at least 3-4 times a day.
- Before going to sleep massage your hands with Vaseline.
- Use a good quality soap while washing your hands.