Everyone wants healthy hair that shines and this is not too difficult. Just take care of your hair in the right way, keep them clean and be careful while selecting products for hair. Always remember that everybody has a different type of hair and scalp, so do not go on advertisements while choosing products. Also if you can go for natural products that are best.
Step 1. Wash your hair
Wash your hair doesn’t mean that you should wash hair every day, it takes away natural oils results in a dry scalp and brittle hair. Natural hairs are very important to keep your hair healthy. Wash your hair every two to three day.
Steps to wash your hair
- Wet your hair thoroughly before you apply shampoo. Use warm water to rinse as it loosens the oils through the scalp and opens the cuticle which is good for removing any dirt or product trapped in the hair
- If you have long hair, first apply some conditioner to ends so they do not get damaged by shampoo. Hair ends are very fragile and you should protect them.
- Apply shampoo only on the scalp. The hair closest to the scalp is the youngest and will inevitably be the oiliest, while the end of the hair is the oldest and usually driest, most fragile part of the hair, so do not use shampoo on ends. Once you get a lather, smooth the lather over the ends in a straight stroking motion
- Rinse and no need to repeat. Many shampoo bottle suggests that wash your hair twice, but there is no need unless the hair is extremely dirty and the first shampoo didn’t produce a lather
- Apply conditioner to hair ends, from the mid-lengths to the tip. Do not apply conditioner on the scalp as it will make them greasy. The longer the conditioner stays on your hair, the better it absorbs.
- Finish with a cold water
Also, check this – How to prepare home made Honey shampoo
Step 2 – Always choose natural oils for hair
Oil massage is very necessary on the scalp, as it increases blood flow and stimulates hair growth. You have to follow the trial and error method to choose the best oils for you. Also, you should always apply a half a tablespoon of the oil to your hair after you have washed your hair. The oil will dry but will help your hair to retain moisture.
Some of the best natural oils that you can try are
Step 3 – Always choose the right brush for hair
Boar hair brushes work well on thick, long hair and help to achieve a smooth, shiny blown outlook.
Nylon hair brushes work well on medium hair and help to detangle even the wildest of manes.
Plastic brushes are all-purpose brushes that work on every type of hair but particularly work well for very thick hair.
Small-toothed combs work well for short, thin hair.
Wide-toothed combed work well for short, thick hair.
Do not use the comb on wet hair
Do not comb your hair many times, brush your hair once in the morning and once at night.
Step 4 – Using Natural Homemade Hair Masks and Remedies
You don’t always have to buy the products that you want to use to improve the condition and looks of your hair. There are so many natural ingredients out there which are also good for our body and hair. Hence, you can utilize such ingredients to make your own homemade products which you then can use to improve your hair and add shine to them. Here, we are going to look at a few natural remedies which you can utilize as hair masks or washes to improve your hair and make them shinier.
Egg: Eggs actually contains a lot of proteins and other nutrients which our skin cells require to bring about the production of hair follicles and maintaining their health and structure. Thus, the proteins and the cleansing power of the egg will clean and reinforce your hair to make them shiny. Follow the following steps to learn how to use it:
- First of all, crack open an egg over a bowl and then beat and whisk it well.
- After that, wet your hair first and then just apply the beaten egg all over your hair, from the roots to the tips.
- Lastly, keep it on your head for about 15 minutes then rinse it off using your regular shampoo and conditioner. Do not use hot water or the egg might get cooked in your hair and you don’t want that.
Honey: You can also use organic honey to add some shine to your hair. It can help cleanse effectively and has potent emollient properties. Meaning that it hydrates the hair very well and furthermore helps in keeping them hydrated for longer. The instructions on how to make use of this are given right below:
- First of all, combine a quarter cup each of honey and water with each other.
- After that, apply the resultant solution all over your hair and scalp after washing it once beforehand to make it damp.
- Lastly, let it stay on your hair for about 15 minutes before rinsing it off using your regular shampoo and conditioner.
Step 5 – Follow a Healthy Diet and Lifestyle
If you live in a healthy and holistic way, you won’t have to do much to take care of your hair and skin explicitly as your body will working on maintaining it and making sure that it is in the best condition and working in the best and most efficient way possible. Include some foods with omega-3 fatty acids in them as they impart a glow and shine to the hair which is instantly noticeable. Also, avoid using damaging and heat styling products on your hair to keep them in top shape. Give up on other unhealthy habits like smoking. Do not go overboard with the use of shampoos, conditioners, etc to impart shine to hair as that will just overwork your hair and result in the opposite effect where your hair will look dull and lifeless. As long as you are mindful and conscious in your choices towards a healthy path, you will do just fine.
You might find this article interesting How To Use Conditioner