Common kitchen ingredients being used for beauty treatments have now become trendy, but apart from that, they are also the safest options to prevent damage to skin caused by harsh chemical beauty products we find in the market. Here are a few quick, easy to do and highly effective beauty treatments using kitchen ingredients you will find in your pantry!
Sugar and Honey Lip Scrub
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- ½ tablespoon honey
- ½ tablespoon coconut oil
- Take the coconut oil in a little bowl.
- Add the honey to it and mix.
- Then add the granulated sugar to it.
- Apply this mixture to your lips and gently move fingers in a circular motion for about 5-10 minutes to remove dead skin on the lips.
- Then wash with plain water.
This scrub works wonders for chapped and darkened lips as the honey and coconut oil helps in moisturizing and granulated sugar works as an exfoliator and gently removes all dead skin from the lips and keeps it naturally pink. Use it once a day for 2 weeks for best results.
Natural Wax for Facial Hair
- 2 cups purified water
- ½ cup lemon juice
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- Mix lemon juice, water, and sugar together in a pot.
- Heat it for 8-10 minutes till it becomes golden-brown color.
- Turn the mixture off and apply it wherever needed.
- Spread the mixture gently with your fingertips and pull slowly against the direction of hair growth.
- Heat the mixture whenever needed. The mixture can be stored in the fridge.
Facial hair removal by bleaching and getting facial hair waxed is harsh on the skin and can cause further skin problems. This natural wax made at home is an easy and much safer way to get rid of facial hair. The lemon helps in tan removal too.
Gram flour Face Pack for Glowing skin and Acne removal
- 3 tablespoons gram flour (Besan)
- 2 tablespoons curd
- Mix gram flour and curd in a bowl.
- Apply on skin and massage in circular motion with your fingertips.
- Let it dry and wash it off with plain water.
- You can use rose water instead of plain water for better results.
The face pack not only helps in correcting uneven skin tone but also helps in removing impurities. It helps control acne by removing excess oil from the skin. It works wonders for removing tough color stains from synthetic Holi colors.
Natural Teeth Whitening
- 1/2 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon baking soda
- Mix the lime juice and baking soda to form a paste.
- Apply the mixture to your teeth.
- Let it rest for 1-2 minutes.
- Rinse off with plain water.
- Use it daily to get cleaner and whiter teeth.
Baking soda is an easy option to remove tough stains from your teeth and lemon juice helps in whitening it too. It is easy to make teeth whitening solution as the preparation time is 2-5 minutes.
- 8-10 drops of any essential oil of your choice.
- 1 tablespoon glycerin
- 4-5 tablespoons of purified water
- A clean spray bottle
- Mix all the ingredients and put it in the spray bottle.
- Shake well and mix them all.
- Use whenever needed.
We have all been wanting to smell like our favorite scents and avoid the irritation alcohol (scent ingredient) causes to broken skin. Here’s an easy way to avoid that and make your own customized scent without a lot of hassle. The glycerin helps prevent damage to delicate skin regions such as underarms and helps avoid the dark skin patches which are a result of chemical scent usage. Create your own favorite mist today.
If you have any easier DIY remedies for beauty, please let us know in the comments below!