To have a glowing and pimple-free skin is like a dream for everyone, especially teens. It’s very difficult to maintain clean and pure skin. Clean and pure skin can make anyone look beautiful. Acne is the most common skin problem faced by almost everyone. Acne can be in any form i.e. whiteheads, blackheads or pimples. Acne is red pimples on the face caused due to dirt or hormonal changes in the body. It affects more on one having oily skin. It is increased if make-up is used on a regular basis, or due to the imbalanced diet, or by squeezing pimples. There are many medications available to reduce pimples, but it has its own side effect if taken for long-term. So, here are some home remedies to reduce acne naturally:
5 face masks for acne:
1. Turmeric mask
- 2 teaspoon rice flour
- 3 tablespoon plain yogurt
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
Combine all the ingredients in a bowl and mix it well. Stir it to form a smooth, thick yellow paste. Apply the paste all over your face using a cosmetic brush. Let it dry for 15-20 minutes. Using water/rose water wet the dried paste and scrub it gently for almost 1 minute. Rinse it off with cold water and use a soft towel to clean your face. You can repeat the process 2-3 times a week to get rid of acne.
Turmeric work as a natural ingredient which can reduce acne and helps you get a pimple-free skin. Rice flour has the quality to absorb the extra oil of the face which causes pimples and yogurt helps to cool inflamed skin.
2. Cinnamon and honey mask
- 2 tablespoon pure honey
- 2 teaspoon cinnamon powder
Mix honey and cinnamon powder in a bowl and blend it until you get a smooth paste. Apply the paste on a face using a brush and cover all the affected area. Let it dry for 15-20 minutes. Wash it off with water, use warm water as the paste can be a little sticky. Repeat the process 3-4 times a week to get a blemish-free skin. This method is highly beneficial to those who have dry skin.
Honey has the healing properties which can heal the damaged and the affected area. Cinnamon has antimicrobial properties in it which kills the bacteria causing acne.
3. Clay and vinegar mask
- Essential oil 1-2 drops
- 1 tablespoon clay
- Apple cider vinegar (as per requirement)
Combine clay and drop of essential oil in a bowl and add vinegar as needed to form a paste. Stir it well to make a thick and smooth paste. Apply the mask on your face and let it dry completely for 30 minutes. If your skin is delicate or sensitive, then keep it only for 15 minutes. Repeat the process once in every three days for effective results.
Natural clay clogged the open pores tightens your skin and also absorbs the extra oil of your face. Apple cider vinegar kills the bacteria which cause acne and essential oil treats the affected part and also leaves your face smelling fresh.
4. Green tea mask
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon green tea powder
- 3 teaspoon sugar (white/brown)
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
Mix all the ingredients in a bowl except lemon juice. Add lemon juice at last to prevent acidic reactions. Apply the mask all over your face and massage it gently using your fingers in a circular motion. Let it dry for 15 minutes and then rinse it off with warm water. Use a soft towel to clean your face. Avoid lemon juice if you have rashes problem because it can cause irritation.
Green tea powder is an antioxidant powder and decreases inflammation. Sugar helps you get rid of dead skin cells and build up new cells. Lemon juice absorbs the excess amount of oil of your face. Honey work as a natural antibiotic which can help reduce acne problem.
5. Papaya mask
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoon fresh papaya pulp
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
Mix all the ingredients in a bowl and blend it until you get a smooth paste. Make use of plastic or silicon containers to avoid acidic reactions. Apply the mask all over your face using a brush. Leave the mask for 15-20 minutes and then wash it off with warm water. Olive oil can also be used instead of coconut oil. The Pulp of Fresh fruits like strawberry or banana can also be used instead of papaya to make the facial mask. This mask is more beneficial to those who have dry skin.
Olive oil or coconut oil works as a natural moisturizer and can help you get smooth skin. Papaya removes the dead skin cells which open the pores and cause acne. Lemon juice absorbs the excess amount of oil produced by the skin. Honey is a natural antibiotic which helps reducing dark spots and scars caused by acne.
These all home remedies are very effective for getting the glowing and pimple-free skin if repeated on a regular basis and keeping in mind the guidelines provided to make the facial masks.
Points to remember:
- Before applying any mask, make sure your face is clean and pores are open. Take a bath to clean the skin or you can also clean it using cotton balls and rose water. Take steam to open the pores so that dead skin cells can be removed.
- Avoid applying a mask on sensitive areas of your face such as eyes, upper lips which can cause irritation.
- Use soap and face-wash of one brand only and don’t change it each time.
- Select one best possible method for you and repeat that one process regularly for effective result.
- Avoid consuming processed food, street food and extra oily and spicy food to reduce the acne problem and drink water as much as possible.
- Clean and wash your bed-sheet and pillow cover once in a week to avoid rashes. Constant contact with dirty bed-sheets and pillow can irritate your skin.
- Prepare fresh mask every time before applying and always to use a brush to apply it.
- Don’t squeeze a pimple because it can spread the infection to the other parts of your face.
- Wash your face with plain water at least 3 times a day to remove excess oil.