1. Apple Cider Vinegar
The acids present in apple cider vinegar helps to soothe the gastrointestinal lining and kill the bacteria. Thus it can give you instant relief. Even though apple cider vinegar is acidic in nature, it has an alkaline effect on the body. It is because of the way it is metabolized in the body. Thus, it can relieve various food poisoning symptoms. These help in stabilizing the after-effects of food poisoning.
- Add one or two tablespoons of apple cider vinegar to a glass of warm water.
- mix well and consume it.
- You can drink this ACV infused water throughout the day.
- You can also drink two to three teaspoons of undiluted apple cider vinegar.
2.Ginger with Honey
Ginger has been used for the treatment of various ailments thanks to its powerful therapeutic and preventive effects. Ginger helps in absorption and assimilation of essential nutrients and aids in digestion. Thereby gives you instant relief from nausea and vomiting. gradually inflammation and pain also get reduced.
Ginger contains a compound that has antimicrobial properties and helps fight the foodborne pathogens. This effect is doubled when it is used in combination with honey. Honey also exhibits antimicrobial and digestion properties that can speed up the recovery.
- Add the ginger to a cup of water and
- Bring it to a boil in a saucepan.
- Simmer for 5 minutes and strain.
- Allow the tea cool a little before adding some honey to it.
- Consume it immediately.
- You can consume it 3 times a day for fast recovery.
- As a quick fix, you may also chew on small pieces of ginger.
Garlic exhibits strong antiviral, antibacterial and antifungal properties. Thus it is one of the best remedies for food poisoning. It also relieves symptoms such as diarrhea and abdominal pain. Garlic is more effective than any other antibiotics out there.
- Eat one fresh garlic clove, swallowing it with water.
- You can try garlic juice even.
- Alternatively, you can also mince some garlic and consume it with honey.
4. Lemon Juice
Lemon helps get rid of the bacterial activities in your stomach, thanks to its acidic properties. Lemon juice is a rich source of antioxidants that improve the overall healing of your body. It also aids digestion and helps you recover faster.
- Extract the juice from half a lemon and mix it with a glass of water.
- Add some honey for sweetness and consume.
- consume it 3 times a day to get relief from nausea.
- You can also squeeze one whole lemon into a glass of warm water and drink it through the day.
Basil is another remedy for food poisoning. It exhibits excellent antimicrobial properties which help to kill foodborne pathogens. It reduces the symptoms associated with food poisoning and calms the stomach.
- Blend some basil leaves and extract the juice.
- Add one teaspoon of honey with one teaspoon of basil extract and consume immediately.
- Alternatively, add basil leaves, black pepper, and sea salt into the plain yogurt.
- consume 3 times a day.
You might find this article interesting Home Remedies for Diarrhea