Heartburn and Acid reflux is a very common problem with people not able to take proper diet every day, here are 5 highly effective home remedies for heartburn and severe acid reflux.
1. A spoonful of baking soda: Sodium bicarbonate or commonly called as baking soda is a base substance with pH value higher than 7.0, which makes it highly effective to neutralize the acid in our stomach.
How to use: Take either half-a-teaspoon or 1 teaspoon full of baking soda and mix into a glass of water, stir it well and have it, it should give you instant relief from heartburn and acid reflux. Make sure you don’t take more than 3.5 teaspoons of baking soda in 24 hours and don’t do excess as it might cause swelling or nausea.
2. Aloe Vera juice: Aloe vera is a magic herb and apart from various other benefits it soothes stomach very effectively. Axim and Gibberellins, the two hormones present in the aloe vera, are found to have anti-inflammatory properties which reduce heartburn.
How to use: Drink a half-cup of aloe vera juice, before meals. A note of caution here is that aloe vera juice also acts as a laxative.
3. Apple Cider Vinegar: Apple cider vinegar is often named as a magic bullet for heartburn and is a very good home remedy.
How to use: Mix 1 or 2 spoons of Apple Cider Vinegar with honey and drink it every day, your heartburn will subside gradually.
4. Chew a piece of gum: Chewing a piece of gum increases saliva secretion and saliva, in turn, helps soothe the inflamed oesophagus reducing acid reflux and heartburn.
How to use: Just pop in a mint or peppermint flavored chewing gum whenever you have heartburn.
5. Eat a Banana or Apple: Bananas are natural antacids and eating a banana is the simplest home remedy you can try for heartburn, you can also eat Apple to get some comfort from heartburn.
How to use: Eat some ripe bananas every day also eat an apple every day for faster healing.
6. Drink chamomile tea: If you suffer from acid reflux every now and then, then it is best to drink a cup of chamomile tea. Chamomile tea also helps to reduce stress which is the main cause of acid reflux and heartburn. Boil some chamomile petals in water, strain it out, let it cool down and then drink it at least an hour before going to bed, and we promise you will be surprised with the results.
7. Drink ginger tea: Ginger is the best ailment for digestive problems. If you suffer from acid reflex then, take half a teaspoon of grated ginger and boil it with water. Strain out this solution and drink it before bedtime. Try sleeping on your back and avoid sleeping on your right at any cost to treat acid reflux effectively at the comfort of your home.
8. Take a peppermint oil capsule: Peppermint helps to cool down your intestines and prevents acid reflux from coming. If you feel slightly bloated after a meal, then wait for an hour and take a pill. However do not overdo this, try not to overeat and live without any stress.
9. Avoid eating for 3 hours before you go to bed: Eating meals close to the time you go to sleep is linked with an increase in digestive issues like heartburn and acid reflux. There has not been too much scientific evidence in this field but there are tons of anecdotal and observational evidence that points to this. So, try to get your last meal in 3 hours before you go to sleep to keep your stomach calm.
10. Utilize Licorice root to soothe your heartburn: licorice root is a great natural remedy which has been used for many years to treat heartburn and other digestive issues. Licorice root contains a compound in it which help shield the stomach and esophagus from the acids. You can consume licorice in any way you want but there is a licorice based supplement called Deglycyrrhizinated licorice (DGL) which provide the anti-acid benefits of licorice while removing the compound which may be harmful. You can use that to efficiently soothe your heartburns. However, always consult your doctor before going on any sort of medication. Overconsumption of this supplement can also lead to a variety of serious side effect so it is advisable to exercise caution all the way.
11. Consume tasty pineapple to soothe your Heartburn: Pineapple is a tasty and popular fruit and like many others, it holds significant properties and gifts of health for the human body. One such gift is that it can help soothe heartburns. Pineapple juice contains a compound called bromelain. This compound helps the body in its digestive functions and makes it more effective and efficient at digesting proteins which commonly lead to heartburn.
12. Marshmallow Root: This is a classic and effective remedy for acid reflux and heartburns. This also works by producing a substance which helps protect the esophagus. You can utilize powdered marshmallow root very easily to harness its benefits for the body. Just mix 1 teaspoon of powdered marshmallow root into one cup water and then drink it to get some relief from acid reflux and heartburns. You can drink up to 3 or 4 cups a day if you are suffering a lot from heartburns.
13. Modify your habits to adopt healthier ones: Just like always, prevention of issues like this is the best cure for them. So if you can take steps which can eliminate your issue from the root then that would be the best option. So, eliminate unhealthy habits like smoking and drinking from your life. These two things are known to aggravate the issues of acid reflux and heartburn. Strive to exercise every day and try to keep your body healthy and your BMI ideal. Drink plenty of water every day and replace unhealthy beverages with vegetable juices. Divide your meals into smaller ones so that you are not eating all your food intake in two or three sittings. You can change a few things while sleeping to reduce heartburns. Try to keep your head in a slightly elevated position and try to sleep on your left side. These couple of things can help out a lot to avoid acid reflux or heartburn.
You might find this article interesting How To Get Rid Of A Tan
You might find this article interesting 5 amazing acid reflux remedies
You might find this article interesting Home Remedies For Acid Reflux