As annoying are blackheads on the nose, they feel the same when appearing in the ear. If you’ve ever had that unlucky zit, you know how painful it is since the skin inside our ear is way more sensitive than any other body part. Blackheads is a skin condition that is caused due to clogged pores and inflammation of the skin. People with oily skin are more prone to having blackheads if the pores produce more sebum. Excess dirt, not cleaning ears properly are some of the other reasons for blackheads. Here are home remedies that will help you out and work like a charm for blackheads.
Baking Soda Scrub
Baking Soda is a natural exfoliate and cleans the skin gently. It also helps maintain the skin’s pH level, so that the chances of blackheads reappearing are reduces.
- One tablespoon baking soda and water
- The process to use baking soda is simple, just mix it with a little water and make a thick paste.
- Apply this paste and massage over the affected area.
- Keep it on for a few minutes and rinse. Repeat until blackheads are completely gone.
Since blackheads are formed due to impurities clogged in pores, this method will clear that root cause.
- Boiled water and washcloth
- Take boiled water, and completely wet the washcloth in it while it is hot.
- Strain it so that excess water comes out.
- Now use this hot washcloth and compress it on the blackheads. This will clean the pores and make the blackheads disappear.
- For good results, do this at least thrice a day.
Lemon contains citric acid, which is great for exfoliating the skin and removing the impurities.
- Half a lemon, water and cotton ball
- Take half a lemon and squeeze out the juice.
- Add a tablespoon water to dilute it.
- Use a cotton ball for a proper application.
- Keep this on for at least 4-5 minutes. You can also add milk in the mixture if you’ve sensitive skin. Gently clean with a cotton cloth. Do this as often as you can.
Probably the most surprising ingredient. You couldn’t have guessed that using alcohol could resolve your problem. In fact, rubbing alcohol can make blackheads disappear overnight! It sterilizes the area and even kills the bacteria that causes it.
- One tablespoon alcohol and cotton ball
- To get the best benefits, dip a cotton ball in alcohol and keep it in the ear overnight.
- Be careful so that it doesn’t go deep inside.
- Remove it the next morning and rinse with normal water. Repeat every other night.
Tea Tree Oil
Tea tree oil has a lot of medicinal properties. Due to its antibacterial properties, it will work like a magic potion for blackhead removal. It disinfects the skin which makes them disappear.
- Two tablespoons of tea tree oil
- Use a cotton ball and dip it with tea tree oil.
- Squeeze to remove excess oil and place it in the affected area overnight.
- The next morning clean it with lukewarm water and a towel. Do this for at least a week regularly.