Turmeric is one of those ingredients in everyone’s spice cabinet which is only used for cooking but is widely used for skin and healthcare as it is an antiseptic and an anti-inflammatory substance. It is said that most of its beneficial qualities are because of the presence of an active ingredient called ‘curcumin’. It is very effective natural remedies which can be used for acne, blackheads and aging skin. Here we have compiled seven easy and effective ways to use turmeric for a flawless and glowing skin.
1. Soothes Dry skin: This mask is very good and effective for dry skin as it helps to naturally moisturize the skin and makes it soft.
½ teaspoon of turmeric
1 tablespoon of fresh cream
Few drops of rose water
1. Add the turmeric, fresh cream and rose water in a bowl.
2. Mix all the ingredients well and evenly apply it to your skin.
3. Let the mask dry and then wash it.
2. Improves uneven skin tone: This mask helps to improve uneven skin tone and makes your skin brighter.
1 teaspoon of turmeric
1 tablespoon of honey
1 teaspoon of lime juice
1. Add the turmeric, honey and lime juice in a bowl.
2. Mix all the ingredients well to make a face mask.
3. Evenly apply it on your skin and let it dry for around 20 minutes.
4. Wash the mask with lukewarm water.
3. Treats acne: Turmeric is very effective for treating pimples as it removes the excess oil and destroys the bacteria because of its antimicrobial properties.
1 tablespoon turmeric
1 tablespoon coconut oil
1. Mix the turmeric and coconut oil in a bowl.
2. Apply the paste on the affected area and let it dry for 15 minutes.
3. Wash the mask with lukewarm water.
4. Removes tan: Using turmeric is an easy and effective way of getting rid of the suntan.
1 teaspoon of turmeric powder
1 tablespoon yogurt.
1. Mix the turmeric and yogurt in a bowl.
2. Apply the paste on your tanned skin and let it dry.
3. Wash it with normal water and see the difference in just 2 or 3 days.
5. Cure dark circles: Turmeric can easily cure dark circles.
1 tablespoon turmeric
½ tablespoon honey
1 tablespoon yogurt
1. Mix all the ingredients to make a thick paste.
2. Gently apply the paste under your eyes.
3. Let it dry for 15-20 minutes and then wash it off.
6. Tightens your skin and keeps your skin younger: Turmeric is very effective your tightening the skin and is known it’s unbelievable anti-aging effects. It is an antioxidant and it helps to repair the skin’s damaged epidermis.
1 tablespoon of turmeric
Egg white of 1 egg
1 teaspoon of olive oil
1. Mix all the ingredients in a bowl and make a mask.
2. Apply it evenly on your skin and let it dry for a few minutes.
3. Wash the mask with normal water.
7. Exfoliates the skin: Turmeric is a great exfoliator and helps in removing the blackheads and dead skin cells.
4 teaspoon of turmeric
¼ cup of milk
1. Make a thick paste of both the ingredients.
2. Apply the paste on your skin and scrub it gently.
3. Wash it off after scrubbing it for around 5 minutes. Using this mask twice a week will your skin clean and smooth.
Turmeric is one ingredient which we can use in many ways. Which is why we say that it definitely a must-have for everyone ( not just in your kitchen, but in your treasure of natural beauty remedies).