- Harsh cleaners scrape the facial skin of its moisture and make the skin produce more oil than what is lost. Traditional face washes contain harmful chemicals. Shahnaz Husain suggests her clients with oily skin to use homemade natural face wash and cleansers. A face wash of multani mitti or fuller’s earth, sandalwood powder, gram flour, mixed with turmeric powder is better than traditional face washes available in the market.
- Oily skin has a tendency to shed more dead cells and gets clogged faster than normal to dry skin. Too much scrubbing will, produce more oil hence scrubbing must be done just two or three times a week. In between blotting paper can be used to wipe the oil on the skin
- Natural scrubs made of dry grinded orange and lemon peel, coarsely ground coffee beans with baking soda will make a better scrub than packaged chemical scrubs.
- Oily skin can be patted with blotting paper or powder to get rid of the excess oil. Keep repeating the process several times whenever the skin feels oily.
- Papaya- Pulp of papaya applied on the face gives even fairness. It helps in treating and getting rid of dead skin cells, dandruff and in reducing signs of premature aging.
- Women with oily skin must avoid make up as far as possible. If it is a must powder based makeup should be used. Powder will soak the excess oil and keep the face matte for a longer period. There are powder foundations, powder blush and eye shadow powder available in the market.
- Sensitive skin should get glycolic and salicylic acid peel treatments once a month by the dermatologist.
- Woman with oily skin should not use any kinds of oils or cold creams on the face. This tends to clog the pores and lead to the development of pimples and acne.
- Daily diet containing proteins, fruits, vegetables beans and nuts are helpful in the production of extra oil in the body. One must avoid or limit the intake of sugar, deep fried foods, alcohol based drinks chocolates and fatty foods.
You might find this article interesting Effective Remedies To Deal With Oily Skin
You might find this article interesting How To Apply Eyeshadow – Methods Of Application & More