No one likes acne/pimples, especially when they pop up on face but everyone experiences them, the situation is worst for people who get acne frequently. If you are also one of them, here are possible reasons why acne doesn’t leave your face. Read and try to avoid them
1. Highly salted-diet
If your diet includes salty snacks, they might be the cause behind your acne. For acne-free skin, you should add more green vegetables and fruits in your diet.
2. Dirty hands
in most of the cases, dirty hands are among the major contributing factors of acne. Generally, all of us have a habit to touch our face frequently and most of the time hands are not clean. To avoid this wash your hands at regular intervals so they are always clean. Even if you do that, there will be always some bacteria and impurities on your hands, more than most other places on your body just because it is in contact with external things most of the time. So, just remember every time you touch your face you are introducing some bacteria and dirt and impurities on to your skin. Hence, make a conscious effort to curb this habit if you keep breaking out.
3. Harsh chemicals on the face
If you have a sensitive skin that is prone to acne and breakouts then you should be extra careful in picking your skincare products. Since some products are formulated with ingredients that can be reasons for acne. Therefore, it becomes crucial for you to pick products that are labeled as ‘non-comedogenic’.
4. The habit of plucking the acne
Do you have this temptation?
If yes, stop it right now.
This habit further worsens the situation, as popping the zits may leave your skin with a permanent scar. The risks of infection are also higher. This may seem like a quick and easy solution in exchange for a little pain but it certainly hides much more issues. You must have noticed that when you pop a pimple another one occurs soon either nearby or exactly on the same spot. This is because popping a pimple increases the risk of more pimples by exposing the skin and also the impurities and pus is bound to get pushed into your skin no matter how careful or meticulous you are.
Sometimes you can blame your genes, for everything that is wrong with your skin. Your genes play a major role in determining your overall appearance. Consult your family doctor to find out if it is in your genes, if yes, then there is nothing much that you can do about it, except for applying topical ointments to treat pimples.
6. Eating oily food or junk food
It is next to impossible to cut down junk food completely. However, you can consume fast food in moderation, probably only during your cheat days. Oily food affects your internal systems and that leads to pimples and acne on your face.
7. Not exercising
A pimple pops up on your face if you do not sweat. Yes, you read that right. Your body gets rid of free radicals naturally by sweating, but if you do not exercise or engage yourself in some kind of strenuous physical activity, then your body won’t be able to release the free radicals and this will ultimately lead to a pimple.
8. A sudden hormonal imbalance
Hormonal imbalance can occur due to many reasons, do not jump into a conclusion by yourself, consult a medical professional to find out the root cause of this problem. Pimples are of various types and pimples caused by hormonal; imbalances and issues are fairly common. Depending upon where the pimples are popping up it could be ascertained where the real issue lies.
Stop taking over the counter drugs without consulting a doctor. Women often consume birth control pills without seeking medical help. This can also lead to pimples or an allergic reaction to show up on your face.
Using makeup which is not suitable for your skin can irritate the skin and cause a variety of issues including acne breakouts. There is makeup out there which is comedogenic and thus can clog up your pores, ultimately resulting in breakouts of pimples and more. If you keep breaking out then it would be wise to also look into your make up and see if any ingredient or property of its is causing issues on your skin.
Some Home Remedies to Treat and Prevent Pimples
You can use the following tips, techniques, and home remedies to help treat and prevent acne and breakouts:
- Moisturizing the skin: This is a simple thing which most people do anyway but keeping the skin properly moisturized will prevent a lot of prevents automatically including acne. Moisturizers have a soothing and calming effect on the skin and you can also opt for options which have acne busting ingredients like witch hazel and aloe vera.
- Tea tree oil: Tea tree oil is amazing for the skin and it can also prevent and heal acne due to its plethora of skin healing properties. You can use tea tree oil by diluting it and then using it as a spot treatment. It also helps speed up the skin’s healing and thus it is effective for acne scars as well.
- Cold compress: Coolness on the skin has anti-inflammatory effects and utilizing it can suppress your pimples and reduce their appearance significantly.
Other Tips and Tricks for preventing Face Acne
Now, let us look at a few guidelines which you should be aware of so that you are able to minimize your breakouts and pimples.
- If you break out too much, try using minimal makeup and see if that has any effect on your breakouts.
- Make sure that you use a clean pillowcase because your face is on it for about a third of the whole day.
- Try to indulge in activities that help keep your stress levels down like doing hobbies which relax you, listening to music, going on a hike, etc. That is because stress can be a contributing factor to breakouts and it has detrimental effects on all areas of the health really.
You might find this article interesting How To Avoid Pimples Naturally
You might find this article interesting Natural Remedies for Beauty Based on Benefits of Green Tea