Acne can be one of your mood spoilers right at the break of the day. Oil in the skin, dead cells and bacteria cause acne. Try a few home remedies, that are listed below, to get rid of the scars caused by all types of acne.
Natural Home Remedies:
Honey and lemon Face Pack
- Raw Honey – 1 tablespoon
- Lemon Juice – 1 and a half teaspoon
- Mix honey and lemon juice well.
- Apply the mixture over your face evenly.
- Leave it for fifteen minutes.
- Wash your face with water at room temperature and pat dry.
This treatment can be done twice a week.
Caution: Since lemon juice makes the skin sensitive, avoid going in broad daylight immediately after undergoing treatments that involve lemon.
Tea Tree Oil
- Tea Tree Oil – two to four drops
- Coconut oil – one teaspoon
- Mix the above said oil.
- Spread it over your face and massage over the scars well.
- Leave it for an hour or two and wash it off with water.
You should do this treatment daily to get rid of the scars.
- Aloe Vera Gel – as required
- After having extracted the gel from the leaf, wash it off well.
- Now apply the gel over the face and massage nicely. The gibberellins and polysaccharides in the gel help in healing the inflammation and lighten the skin.
This treatment can be done twice daily for best results.
- Baking soda – Two tablespoons
- Water – One tablespoon
- Mix the baking soda with water to form a thick paste.
- Apply it over the scars and wash it off when dry or within three minutes with cool water. The mixture removes the dead skin cells and restores the pH of the skin, preventing acne and removing the scars.
Do this daily.
- Oatmeal – one tablespoon
- Honey – one and a half tablespoon
- Lemon Juice – one tablespoon
- Put the oatmeal in a mixer and powder it.
- Now mix honey and lemon juice with this powder to form a thick paste.
- Use this as a mask to your face and neck.
- Wash it off after 30 minutes with water.
Follow this thrice a week.
- Sandalwood stick/powder – as required
- Water – a little
- If using a stick grind the stick in the water to form a paste.
- If you use powder then mix it with water to form a loose paste.
- Apply the paste over the scars and lesions.
- Leave it for ten minutes and wash it off with water. The cooling effect of sandalwood would help in removing the scars and inflammations.
You can do this treatment daily.
Apple Cider Vinegar:
- Apple Cider Vinegar – one tablespoon
- Honey – one tablespoon
- Water – a little
- Mix all the above ingredients well.
- And apply the mixture over the scars, leave it on for twenty minutes and wash it off. The anti-microbial and anti-inflammatory properties of apple cider vinegar help in reducing the inflammation and fading of the scars.
Do this on alternate days.
All the above natural remedies should be followed for a considerable period of time for best results.