Whiteheads are a form of acne caused by skin pores clogged with dirt and dead skin. Commonly they appear on nose, forehead, and chin. This problem is more common in acne-prone skin because the cells lining the pores are stickier, thereby promoting clogged pores.
How to use Apple cider vinegar to get rid of whiteheads
Apple cider vinegar works like an astringent and thus removes excess oil from the skin. Plus, it has antiseptic and antibacterial properties that help fight acne.
- Mix one tablespoon of apple cider vinegar in one cup of water. Apply this solution on your face using a cotton ball. Leave it on for about 10 minutes before rinsing it off with lukewarm water.
- Another option is to mix one part apple cider vinegar with three parts cornstarch. Spread it on your face. Leave it on for 15 to 20 minutes before scrubbing it off. Clean your face with a washcloth soaked in warm water. Follow with a cold water rinse to close the pores.
How to use strawberries to get rid of whiteheads
Strawberries are acidic in nature and they are also enriched with vitamin C. Strawberry paste helps to get rid of acne scars from the easily when applied topically.
- Take 2-3 fresh strawberries and mash them into a soft, smooth paste. Add around 5-6 drops of apple cider vinegar in it, keep it on for a while and then gently scrub it off from your face.
- Follow up with a gentle skin toner and a creamy moisturizer afterward to complete this skincare regime.
How to use lemon juice to get rid of whiteheads
Lemon is highly acidic in nature and it dries out excess oil and sebum from your skin. So if you are suffering from whiteheads, consider using this natural home remedy instead of going to the salon.
- If you have sensitive then we would recommend you to dilute lemon juice with purified water in equal proportions and then apply it with a cotton swab on the affected areas.
- Leave the cotton swab undisturbed on your face for about 20 minutes.
- Splash some cold water on your face, then wipe your face with a clean towel and then follow up with a moisturizer to complete the skincare regime.
How to use extra virgin coconut oil to get rid of blackheads
It is an all one product, it is not only a mild cleanser for your face but also a soothing moisturizer.
- Take a tad bit of coconut oil on your fingertips.
- Apply it to the affected areas and massage it in for a while.
- Keep it on for a few hours.
- Wash your face with micellar water.
- Use an intensely hydrating moisturizer to complete your skincare regime.
How to use turmeric paste to get rid of blackheads
Turmeric is one such Indian spice that has been used by the beauty enthusiasts over the years to get clear skin and it still as effective to treat your skin woes. It is a natural anti-biotic and suitable for most skin types, so if whiteheads are bugging you, then give it a try.
- Mix a teaspoon of turmeric powder with some purified water and you are good to go.
- Apply this paste on your face and keep it on for 20 minutes on the affected areas.
- You can use this paste twice daily to clear whiteheads from your face.
How to use sandalwood powder to get rid of blackheads
Sandalwood has astringent properties and it soaks in excess oil and sebum from the skin, you can apply sandalwood paste on your face to get blemish-free skin over a certain period of time.
- Add 2 tablespoons of steam-distilled rose water along with a tablespoon of pure sandalwood powder in a mixing bowl.
- Mix everything well to make your own whitehead removal face mask.
- Take a generous amount of this face pack on your face pack applicator, apply it all over your face.
- Keep it on for some time or wait until it dries out completely.
- Then wash it off with plain water.
- Repeat this treatment twice or thrice a week to get the best results
How to use neem leaves to get rid of blackheads
Neem is highly anti-bacterial in nature and if it is applied regularly, it can heal all your skin woes.
- Pluck some fresh neem leaves from the garden.
- Wash it and run it through a blender to make a paste.
- Now add a pinch of turmeric powder in it and mix it well to make your own anti-whitehead face mask at home.
- Take a generous amount of this face pack and apply it evenly all over your face and neck.
- Let it sit for 15-20 minutes at least and then wash it off with running tap water.
- Apply it every day before taking a shower to see a visible improvement in the texture of your skin in a few days.
How to use baking soda to treat whiteheads
Use this home remedy and the pesky whiteheads will vanish from your face.
- Take a mixing bowl.
- Aff half a teaspoon of baking soda and a few drops of lemon juice in it.
- Mix it well.
- Apply this mixture on the affected areas.
- Keep it on for about 10 minutes at a stretch.
- Wash it off with normal tap water.
- Follow up with a creamy moisturizer to get the best results.
How to use Petroleum jelly to treat whiteheads
If you want to make the most of this home remedy, then try it right after walking out of the hot shower. It is important to take a hot shower or splash warm water on your face before trying out this home remedy as it will open up your clogged pores.
- Take a tad bit of petroleum jelly on your fingertips.
- Apply it to the affected areas, wrap it up with a plastic foil.
- Dip a towel in warm water.
- Squeeze out the excess water.
- Keep it on top of the plastic wrap.
- Let it cool down and then gently squeeze out the whiteheads and blackheads from your face.
- Do it twice in a month to get the best results.
You might find this article interesting Arrowroot Powder – Benefits, Home Remedies, Precautions