We all apply nail paint to improve look of nails, but it is only possible if we apply it neatly. There are few pointers that you always keep in mind while applying nail polish
Never apply thick coat of nail paint
Never shake your nail polish – If you shake it, there is possibility that air bubble will come on your nails, while you are applying nail polish. Instead, roll it back back and forth between your two hands, holding the polish vertically
Use non-acetone nail polish remover
Always keep your nail polish in a cool place
Now I will tell you all steps that you need to follow while applying nail polish
Step 1 – Apply a thin coat of nail polish, no need to be very careful this time if polish is going over the edge of you nails and on to your cuticles and the surrounding skin.
Hold the brush so that it points straight down allowing a small ball of polish to form.
Immediately turn the brush horizontal before it drips, then lay the ball of polish in the center, just under the cuticle zone, like shown above.
Push the excess lacquer toward the cuticle, getting as close as you can with out touching the skin, then stroke down.
This makes for a nice line at the cuticle and ensures polish free skin.
Step 2 – Let it dry. Make sure it is completely dry
Step 3 – Apply a second coat, don’t worry again if nail paint is going on skin too
Step 4 – Now apply top coat of clear nail polish, it will prevent nail color from chipping right away
Step 5 – Fill sink with hot soapy water
Step 6 – When your nail paint is dry, wash your hands in this water. Gently rub your fingers with an old sponge or cloth.
Step 7 – Now rinse your hands with cold water, it will remove all nail paint that went off your nails
How to prepare your nails before applying nail paint:
- Dip your fingers in lukewarm water for 10 minutes.
- Wipe off with a clean towel.
- Apply a hand cream.
- Massage it well.
- Trim your nails to the shape of your liking.
- Apply cuticle oil and massage for a while.
- Let it dry out on its own.
- Apply a little bit of petroleum jelly on the sides of your nails to easily strip off the color if it spreads out.
- Apply a coat of transparent nail polish.
- Let it dry out completely.
- Then apply a base coat of a color of your liking.
- Once it dries out, top it up with another coat of transparent nail paint.
- Let that dry out too and you can always apply some cuticle oil for extra shine at the end to complete the process.
You might find this article interesting How To Grow Nails Fast