Onion is rich in vitamins, antioxidants, and other vital nutrients required by your skin to stay plump and hydrated. There is no doubt that onion is a very important part of a healthy diet but only a few of us are aware of its beauty benefits. Fresh onions keep your skin radiant, soft, and supple because of high antioxidants, vitamins and sulphur content in them. You can either apply onion juice or a small onion piece on your face to get a naturally radiant skin. Consumption of raw onion purifies our blood by eliminating impurities, this, in turn, gives you a healthy and glowing skin.
Benefits of massaging onion on face
- Massaging onion juice on the skin brings forth its antiseptic quality that helps our body fight acne and other skin infections. You can also combine onion juice with almond or olive oil to make a face pack to fight acne spots. Onion juice also helps to heal insect bites and burn scars.
- Onions are enriched with a chemical compound, quercetin and that makes it a great anti-aging ingredient that you can use in your face packs to keep the early signs of aging like wrinkles and fine lines at bay.
- It is a well-known fact that if you want to protect your skin then you have to keep away from the UV rays of the sun, which is not possible all the time. Even if you stay indoors, you must wear a sunscreen lotion to protect your skin from the UV rays of the sun. However, if you want to replace your harsh chemical-infused sunscreen lotion with a natural sunscreen, then use onions. Extract some fresh onion juice and apply it all over the exposed parts of your skin with a cotton ball.
- If you have been suffering from hyperpigmentation for a long time, then we would strongly recommend you to pay a visit to your dermatologist. However, you can try this home remedy in the meantime. Simple take a small slice of red onion and rub it gently on the affected areas. Alternatively, you can also grate 1 red onion and then extract its juice and apply it on your skin with the help of a cotton petal.
- Onions are naturally enriched with phytonutrients and antioxidants. Hence you need not spend a lumpsum nowadays to rejuvenate your skin from deep within. Just make your own, customized onion face pack at the comfort of your home to reap the maximum benefits. To prepare your face pack, keep a tablespoon of raw onion juice, half a tablespoon of yogurt, and around 2 tablespoons of gram flour handy. Mix all the ingredients together to make a smooth, lump-free face pack at home. Take a generous amount of this face pack on your face pack applicator and apply it evenly all over your face and neck. Let it sit for about 15 minutes and then wash it off with running tap water, to reap the maximum benefits that this face pack has to offer.
- If you want an instant skin brightening effect before attending an event, then look no further, extract some fresh onion juice and apply it on your face and neck with a cotton ball. Keep it on until it dries out and then wash it off with running tap water. Follow up with a hydrating facial mist and a creamy moisturizer to get the best results.
- Grow your hair like never before with onion juice. If your hair has stopped growing after a considerable length, then, it is time to reconsider the hair care products that you use and also add in a few more products in your hair care regime to deal with the problem. Take steam distilled rosewater and onion juice in equal proportions in a spray can. Shake it well to make sure that everything gets mixed up properly. Spritz this solution on your scalp and hair and let it stay for about 30 minutes. Then, wash it off with shampoo and normal tap-water, follow up with a nourishing hair conditioner and a hair serum to get the best results.
- Dandruff is one common hair problem that is recurrent in nature and it is next to impossible to get rid of dandruff completely. So, if you are looking for a solution to get some relief from then try out this simple hair mask. To prepare this mask, all you have to do is, soak two tablespoons of fenugreek seeds in water overnight. Then run it through a blender in the next morning to make a smooth paste. Mix it with 2 tablespoons of onion juice to make your own, customized hair pack. Use your fingertips to apply this hair mask on your scalp, keep it on for about 30 minutes and then wash it off with normal water. Follow up with organic shampoo and a nourishing hair conditioner to complete your hair care regime.
- It is literally impossible to get a squeaky clean and spotless skin if you step out in pollution and dust every day. However, you can reverse the damage to some extent by using the right face pack using onion as one of the main ingredients. To prepare your own anti-pollution face mask, mix equal proportions of onion juice and lemon juice in a container. Dip a cotton ball in this solution and then apply it all over your face and neck. Let it dry out completely and then wash off this face mask with normal water. You can use this face mask thrice a week on every alternate day to get the best results.
- Classics are never out of vogue and reportedly, the timeless beauty, Cleopatra also used black onion seed oil or kalonji seeds to get soft, smooth hair and flawless skin. Well, if you want to know how then use this face pack, see the results and then you can thank us later. Soak 1 tablespoon of black kalonji seeds or onion seeds in warm milk for about an hour. After that, pour everything into a blender and make a smooth, lump-free face pack out of it. Transfer the contents in a clean container. Apply this face pack on your cleansed face, keep it on for about 30 minutes at a stretch. After that gently scrub it off in small circular strokes with a light hand to wash it off. Follow up with a moisturizer to get the best results.
You might find this article interesting Kiwi Benefits For Skin, Hair And Health