Blemishes make your skin look bad and make your appearance look shabby. If you have bananas laying around in your kitchen then you can easily make some banana masks at home by following these remedies.
- Peel a ripe banana and cut it into small pieces. Keep the pieces in a big bowl.
- Take a fork or use the back of a spoon to mash the bananas and turn them into a pulp. Make sure that there aren’t any big chunks of banana left.
- Spread this banana pulp over your face covering the blemishes completely and thoroughly.
- Leave the pulp as it is for about half an hour so that the skin absorbs all the goodness of the banana.
- Use warm water along with a damp cloth to wash off the dried banana pulp from your face. Follow up with a mild moisturizer to seal the moisture of the skin inside.
- Repeat this remedy on every alternate day to get rid of the blemishes on the face inside a week.
Banana is a very rich source of vitamin A which is really beneficial for the health of our skin. Using banana pulp on a regular basis will not only make your face free from blemishes but will also add a glow to the skin.
Honey and Banana
- Peel, cut and mash the banana just like you did in the previous remedy.
- Now add a tablespoon of raw organic honey to the banana pulp and mix them together to make a smooth and slightly thick paste.
- Apply this paste on your face using your fingers and then massage the skin for a few minutes for better exfoliation.
- Leave the paste like this until it dries out completely.
- Wash off the dried paste using warm water and scrubbing it off gently. Don’t splash the water, instead use it to slowly remove the banana layers by scrubbing it with your fingers.
- Use this paste two to three times in a week to get the best results and a blemish free skin.
We read about the benefits of banana for our skin in the previous remedy. If you combine that with the anti-inflammatory properties of honey you’ll get a homemade paste which is sufficient for almost all your skin care needs.
Banana and Baking Soda
- Cut a ripe banana into thin slices and mash it to make a pulp.
- Add half a tablespoon of baking soda to the banana and mix the two ingredients together. You can also add the same amount of lemon juice for making a better mixture.
- Use your fingers to gently spread this paste on your face and massage it for a few minutes.
- Leave the paste to settle on your skin and dry out completely.
- Splash some normal tepid water on your face and rub the paste off using your fingers.
- Repeat the whole process three to four times in a week to get rid of the blemishes from your face.
Baking soda is a natural exfoliating agent and lemon juice has skin whitening properties. Using these ingredients with banana will help you attain a smooth skin naturally at home.