We all know that onion adds a great taste to our dishes and very good for our health too but apart from that onion can do magic on our skin too if applied externally. Below I have listed some beauty benefits of onion that will surprise you:
Onion juice can treat acne
Onion has antiseptic properties, because of this it can fight with acne and many other skin infections. Because of its smell if you do not want to apply it directly, mix onion juice with almond or olive oil to make a face pack and then apply it on acne. The onion also possesses potent anti-inflammatory and anti-microbial properties, both of which make it highly effective in fighting against acne. It can even help heal the results caused by acne-like acne scars and blemishes as onion promotes skin’s regeneration due to the presence of all the nutrients in it.
Apply onion juice on scalp for hair growth
Raw onion is very popular for hair growth properties, if you have seen in India many people apply onion juice on the scalp after mundan.
Onions are high in sulfur which helps in regrowth of hair follicles (a skin organ that produces hair) by improving blood circulation to head. Massaging onion juice on the scalp is one of the best ways to stimulate hair growth. You can also mix equal portions of onion juice and rose water to make a solution for your hair. Spray this mix on your hair and keep it on for 30 minutes before rinsing it off.
Onion to get pink lips
If you want naturally pink lips, mix onion juice with vitamin E oil and apply this on your lips before going to bed. Do this for at least a month
Onion can reverse greying of hair
If you are getting white hair at an early age, mix onion juice with mustard oil and massage on your scalp. Onion also keeps your scalp smooth and supple.
Onion Can help Skin pigmentation issues like spots, patches, and hyperpigmentation
Onion can be quite helpful in treating and healing skin pigmentation issues due to the presence of vitamin C in it which is crucial for this purpose. To utilize it for this purpose, just combine some onion juice with some yogurt and a tiny bit of lavender oil and then use the resultant mixture as an application on the skin. You can also make face packs by combining it with freshly squeezed lemon juice and turmeric powder even. Consequently, onion can also aid you in lightening and brightening your skin due to the presence of antioxidants like vitamin C in it. If you use it regularly soon you will notice a glow on your skin provided by the beneficial properties of onion. The compounds in onion also provide some skin protection from harmful UV rays of the sun. Hence, it also helps shield the skin in that way too.
Onion can help prevent premature aging
The onion is packed with useful and beneficial antioxidants like vitamin A, C, E, etc, all of which protect and shield the skin from oxidative damage. Oxidative stress and free radical damage which is one of the major cause behind leading to the formation of fine lines and wrinkles.
Onions can help remove moles from the skin
The potency of onion juice, its acidity, and all the compounds and minerals in it give it some capability to heal moles and irregularities on the skin. Just try applying onion juice directly on your unwanted mole and keep following this remedy regularly and you will soon see your mole disappearing.
Onion can help fight dandruff
As we know, onion juice has potent anti-inflammatory, anti-microbial, and antiseptic properties. These characteristics enable onion to be quite effective in getting rid of dandruff from the scalp. You can utilize an onion by itself for this purpose, just make some paste out of an onion and use that as a hair and scalp mask. Or you can also make a paste by mixing it with some fenugreek seeds which have been water-soaked. All in all, this remedy will help treat your scalp overall. It will help get rid of dandruff along with cleansing your scalp and preventing other issues too like scalp infections and such.
Onion can help Maintain hair color
Onion has slight bleaching properties and it can even lighten the hair color too if applied directly on there. However, you can keep the natural original color of hair and still use onion by mixing some onion juice with mustard oil and then using that solution as an application on the hair to impart a healthy shine to them while protecting its original natural color.
Some other benefits:
- Start using onion seed oil or kalonji oil to arrest hair fall.
- If you get a minor cut or wound then cleanse the area and apply some onion oil on the affected area. It has anti-bacterial properties, it kills germs and helps to heal wounds.
- If you suffer from common cold and flu very often, then just apply a few drops of onion oil in your diffuser and inhale it. it will clear your throat, give you instant relief from blocked nose and help you breathe better.
- Try consuming 1 tablespoon of onion oil in an empty stomach every morning, it will keep your blood sugar level in regulation.
- If you suffer from muscle fatigue after a tiring day at work then just consume raw onion oil, it will make you feel better and soothe your distressed muscles.
- Onion kills intestinal bacteria and cures the most common digestive disorders.
- Applying onion oil along with some other carrier oil helps to nourish scalp and hair follicles and boosts hair growth.
- Massaging your face with some fresh onion juice will keep the early signs of aging at bay.
- A quick fix for active acne, to suppress active acne take some fresh onion juice and mix it with water and apply it on the affected area with the help of a cotton ball, wash off after 10 minutes. The results will surprise you.
You might find this article interesting Onion Juice For Hair Growth, Home Remedies
You might find this article interesting Mustard for hair growth
You might find this article interesting Daily Skin Care Routine for Acne Prone Skin