Go to a supermarket and you’ll get tens of hundreds of beauty products claiming to give you a healthy skin in no time. The instant results are one of the major reasons why they are being in demand for more than a century. The thing is that they may provide you instant results but they won’t be able to retain the life and health of your skin for a long time. All these cosmetics come with a price(Apart from the MRP). It’s the life of your skin.
Regular use of such chemical based cosmetics can make your skin prime to many problems and may give you a more aged skin. Then you’ll be buying the anti aging products of the same brand. What we have to understand that it’s just a business for those multinationals. But for you, it’s your health that is at stake.
We, at Glowpink, always recommend you not to fall a prey to these chemical cosmetics. For each and every skin and health problem, there is a natural remedy. All you have to do is to search for it on our website. Well, this article is about a Turmeric Face Mask. Just like any other face mask claiming to give you a clear, bright and acne free skin, this one does so by the natural ingredients. Skin problems are very common now a days.
Every teenager faces acne problems because of the hormonal changes taking place at that stage. Not only teenagers, according to a report, about 9 out of every 10 people face some kind of skin problems related to acne. In such a case, Turmeric can be your soulmate. For ages, it has been used as the ultimate solution for many health problems. The anti-inflammatory and anti bacterial properties of turmeric keep out all acne problems and blemishes. This helps you get a clear and acne free skin. Let’s dive right into the process of making a DIY face mask out of it.
1. 2 teaspoons of rice flour.
2. ½ teaspoon of turmeric powder(better if it’s natural and not a packaged one)
3. 1 tbsp. yogurt(freshly prepared homemade yogurt would be the best.
4. 1 teaspoon of honey(use fresh and natural)
1. Take a clean bowl. Add 2 teaspoons of flour rice, ½ teaspoon of turmeric powder, 1 tbsp. of yogurt and 1 teaspoon of honey into it.
2. Take a spoon and mix it properly. Make sure that the mixture doesn’t form lumps. You can use a motorized mixer available online to mix it properly. The better the mixture, better would be the results.
3. Add more yogurt if you feel that the mixture is thick. It’s important because if the mixture remains very thick when you are applying it, it would pose problems in absorbing properly. You can get better results if you make sure that it’s just perfect for the mask.
4. Wash your face with any herbal face wash. For reference, I’d suggest you to search for one on our website. Make sure that you pat yourself dry before applying the face mask.
5. Apply the face mask equally on your skin. If you have the problems of dark circles, apply under the eyes as well. Just remember that if you don’t spread the mask properly, it would pose problems in absorption and rinsing as well.
6. Let the face mask settle for 30 minutes. It’s the time when your skin absorbs all the necessary nutrients and gets a better look and health.
7. After 30 minutes, spray rose water all over your face so as to prepare it for a massage. This would deep cleanse your skin. Even the particles that are deeply embedded in your skin will be cleared off using this. The rose water would also give you a refreshing feeling.
8. Massage gently for about 5 minutes.
9. The rice flour would exfoliate your skin and would give you an overall skin treatment with it. A healthy skin routine requires a combination of exfoliating, cleansing and moisturizing. Two of the three processes are completely followed up till now.
10. Rinse off the mask using water and a mild cleanser. In some cases, the mask would turn slippery. Make sure that you use only the natural cleansers. Go for searching the best one for your skin type on our website.
11. Pat yourself dry and sit in front of a fan to feel the newly rejuvenated skin.
12. In case, if you have an oily skin, then just add rose water to the ingredients of the mask. Alternatively, you can wash your face with rose water after the cleansing process.
13. In this way we used turmeric to cleanse and exfoliate the skin. Now it’s time for some moisturization.
14. For moisturizing, coconut oil works the best for every skin type. You can also use different natural moisturizers to go for specific skin types. Everything you need would be available on the website. I’d recommend using a few drops of coconut oil as the post mask moisturization. If you are one of the dry skin types, it’s a must.
15. Now coming down to the routine of application, you should use it once or twice a week at max. Within a month, most of your skin problems would start disappearing and you would be able to see a clearer, acne free skin.
16. You can use this mask at any point of the day, whenever you feel free to. I’d personally recommend that you use it before going to bed. This would help out as the rosewater and the coconut oil would easily be absorbed while your skin is being repaired while you are asleep.
This was all about how to prepare your own DIY Turmeric mask. There’s something more you need to know if you are using this mask. Let’s look at how it benefits our skin:-
1. The anti inflammatory properties of turmeric help reducing the symptoms of acne and gives instant relief in such cases.
2. The antimicrobial properties of it clears off the skin of all acne causing microbes. This not only gives instant relief for acne but also provides a long term protection against acne.
3. The anti tanning properties of turmeric brightens and clears the skin. Turmeric also has anti bleaching properties which brightens your skin to a next level.
4. Rice flour exfoliates your skin. The dead skin responsible for feeding the acne microbes gets removed by exfoliating. This provides an overall protection from acne.
5. In this way, this mask provides an overall protection from acne and also makes sure that your skin is free from other skin related problems as well.
You might find this article interesting Natural Face Wash for Deep Cleansing