When it comes to skin, and especially face, related problems one can get overwhelmed by the number of ideas and responses on the internet. There are many different remedies available for the same problem. Although there are no known side effects of using homemade remedies, a person should have a pre-decided solution to every skin related problem. If you are looking for some stability then here are five home remedies for different problems that you should make permanent in your life.
Face Mask for Acne
You Will Need:
- 1 Tablespoon of Nutmeg Powder
- 1 Teaspoon of Honey
- 2 Tablespoons of Milk
- Take a small bowl and put a tablespoon of nutmeg powder and a teaspoon of raw organic honey in it. You can grind a nutmeg to get fresh powder.
- Add a couple of tablespoons of milk in the bowl. Mix all the ingredients together to get a smooth, slightly thick paste. You can add some more milk if the paste gets too thick.
- Use a brush or a cotton ball to gently spread the mask on your face. Using a brush would be easy and more effective than spreading the paste with your hands.
- Leave the paste as it is for about half an hour or so.
- Soak a washcloth in warm water and use it wash off the face mask properly. Massage with your hands for a few minutes and then pat the skin dry with a towel.
- Repeat this whole process three times a week to get rid of acne and pimples forever.
Acne is the worst. It can creep up at any time in your life irrespective of what you have going on. Although there are various creams and masks that can treat acne, this face mask seems to work the best as it clears acne and pimples quickly and also prevent them from coming back.
Face Mask for Glowing Skin
You Will Need:
- 1 Teaspoon of Turmeric Powder
- 1 Teaspoon of Plain Yogurt
- 1/2 Teaspoon of Manuka Honey
- Mix equal amounts of yogurt and turmeric powder in a small cup.
- Now, put half a teaspoon of manuka honey in the cup and mix the ingredients together.
- Wash your face with lukewarm water first to open up the pores and remove any dirt or impurities sitting on your face.
- Gently spread the turmeric mask all over your face avoiding the nose and eye regions. Apply only a thin layer of this paste as turmeric tends to stain on the skin.
- Let the paste rest and breathe for about 15-20 minutes. It will dry up completely in that time period as well.
- Use cold water to rinse off the paste from your face. Scrub your face while splashing water to better exfoliate the skin.
- This turmeric and yogurt face mask can be used two to three times a week to get a bright and glowing skin.
Who doesn’t want a good-looking and glowing skin? Sometimes pollution, accumulation of dead skin cells and other factors can darken your skin complexion over a period of time. Use this DIY paste to remove those factors and make your skin glow again.
Face Mask for Dry Skin
You Will Need:
- 1 Teaspoon of Red Kaolin Clay
- 1 Tablespoon of Honey
- 1 Teaspoon of Cinnamon Powder
- 1 Teaspoon of Rose Geranium Essential Oil
- Put all the ingredients in a bowl and mix them together to make a thick paste. The rose geranium essential oil is totally optional and is only used to add some fragrance to the mask.
- Take a little bit of the paste on your hands and massage your face for 5-7 minutes with the paste. Move your hands in a circular manner for better application.
- Wait for about half an hour or so to let the paste settle in and dry out completely.
- Wash off the dried paste from your face with normal tepid water after 30 minutes of waiting.
- Apply a mild and preferably herbal moisturizer after the above step and then pat the skin dry.
- Use this remedy thrice a week to hydrate your skin and revitalize it again.
Dried skin is prone to cuts, bruises and rashes. A sudden movement can cause the skin to burn as well. Red Kaolin clay and honey have antimicrobial anti-inflammatory properties which bring the moisture back into the skin and make it supple and soft again.
Face Mask for Tanned Skin
You Will Need:
- 2 Tablespoons of Orange Peel Powder
- 1 Teaspoon of Almond Powder
- Add some milk to a teaspoon of almond powder to make a thick almond paste.
- Put a couple of tablespoons of orange peel powder over the almond paste.
- Pour some milk over the mixture, little by little, and mix them to make a fine dense paste. Add more milk if the paste becomes too thick or add more orange peel powder if it becomes too thin and runny.
- Apply this paste on your face and neck and gently spread it all over by scrubbing it for 3-4 minutes.
- Use lukewarm water to rinse off the dried paste from your face after 15-20 minutes of application. Also, tap the skin dry with a towel.
- Repeat this remedy on every alternate day to restore the complexion of your skin and remove the tan marks.
Overexposure to sunlight can cause your skin to turn black. This phenomenon is called tanning and it can be easily treated by using this wonderful paste regularly. It not only treats the tanned areas, it revitalizes the skin making it softer and healthier.
Face Mask for Wrinkles
You Will Need:
- 1 Cup of Plain Yogurt
- 1/2 Cup of Granola
- 1 Cup of Pumpkin Puree
- Mix all the ingredients together to make a smooth, pulpy face mask. Honey is optional in the remedy, you can either add a teaspoon or leave it as it is.
- Apply this mask on your face and spread it everywhere from your neck to the back of the ears. Apply a second layer where you have visible wrinkles on the face.
- Let the mask settle on your face and leave it as it is for about 10 minutes to the minimum.
- Wash your face with cold water and scrub the dried paste to take the falling turmeric off your face.
- Use this homemade yogurt and pumpkin paste to treat visible pre-mature wrinkles.
Wrinkles are not constrained to old people nowadays. Too much stress and improper skin care routine can cause a person to get wrinkles way before its time. These are not permanent wrinkles and can be easily restored by this paste. Not only does this paste sends wrinkles away, it makes the skin look fresh and young again.
You might find this article interesting Tips to Get Glowing Wrinkle Free Skin