Charcoal is an amazing product for the skin. It can fight bacteria, poisons, chemicals, dirt and other impurities on the surface of the skin which results in a flawless looking skin and face. It improves the complexion and fights acne and other skin problems as well, but how exactly should we use charcoal to achieve all these excellent benefits? Simple, read on.
#1 Charcoal Cleanser for the face
- Take a bowl and add 1 tablespoon of activated charcoal in it.
- Add ½ cup of fresh virgin coconut oil.
- Add 1 tablespoon of baking soda to this mixture.
- One should also add few drops of rosemary and lavender essential oil to the above cleanser recipe.
- Mix all ingredients well together until they form a smooth mixture/paste.
- Transfer this mix into a bottle using a funnel and store it.
- To apply, take a handful of the cleanser in clean hands and start applying on the clean face in a circular motion.
- Continue massaging for 3 minutes.
- Leave it on for 5 minutes before washing it off with water.
- Pat dry using a towel.
- Use this cleanser 2 to 3 times a week for best results.
- The cleanser can be stored and used for about 5 -6 months.
A cleanser can destroy dead cells, impurities, free clogged pores and remove excess oil from the skin giving it a bright and clean look. The coconut oil in the recipe helps to hydrate and nourish your skin. Baking soda acts as the exfoliator while the essential oils soothe your skin. All combine together to give the best home cleanse ever.
#2 Charcoal Face Mask
- Take a heat-resistant bowl and place it on the stove.
- Add 1 teaspoon of activated charcoal in this bowl.
- Furthermore, add 1 teaspoon of gelatine powder.
- Add 1 tablespoon of distilled water to this mix.
- Mix all the ingredients continuously under low flame.
- Remove the bowl from the stove once the gelatine has melted and mixed with the other ingredients.
- Allow the whole mix to cool down a bit.
- Apply using clean hands on the clean face in a circular motion.
- You can concentrate more on the areas which need care like acne or blackheads areas.
- Leave it on for 15 minutes.
- Make sure to peel the mask after the time in an upward motion slowly.
- Use this mask 2 to 3 times a month to maintain the face free of any problems.
- It is bound to give you a clear, glowing face in time.
Instead of spending large bucks in buying those peel off masks that are filled with chemicals, this mask is best and natural remedy to get a clear and glowing face. The mask cleans the pores effectively as the charcoal and oil mix together to unclog your pores and pulls all impurities and dirt out of the skin. The gelatine in the mask has anti-ageing properties like skin elasticity that reduces the production of lines and wrinkles.
Now that you have the recipes in hand, what are you waiting for, jump right in and try them all. Do share with us the experience in the comments section below.
You might find this article interesting What should you do when the Face is Darker than the Body
You might find this article interesting Pumpkin Face Mask for Beautiful Looks