No one likes to have a flabby skin that hangs around the body like excess weight. Well, as you might have guessed correctly, that is actually excess weight. The weight that comes from the fat and calories stored in our muscles by oily and junk food without no exercises to burn it. The only correct and traditional way to decrease weight effectively is exercise, besides starving yourself to death of course. While a lot of people that get that ‘perfect’ body is a lot of work. From getting the gym membership to buying the clothes and then actually deciding to go, a lot of people lose faith. We don’t know about the ‘perfect’ body but we can say that it is not that hard to get rid of that fat and getting a toned muscular body. All you need is a strong will to start the regime and these simple yet effective exercises to follow. Most of these exercises require little to no instruments and can be easily done at the comfort of your home.
- Lie down on the floor with your facing down. Try to balance the body weight on your chest and keep the feet together. Palms should be shoulder width apart and elbows pointing up.
- Push your weight down through your palms and raise your body upwards. You should maintain a straight line from your legs to hips and to the chest. Nothing should be sagging.
- Try to hold this position for a few seconds and then come back to the starting position. This process marks the completion of one push-up set.
- Repeat 5 push-up sets in 2-3 sittings and then gradually increase the number of sets day by day. You can even hold breath for a longer period of time for a slight increase in the intensity of the exercise.
- There are a lot of variations of push-ups that you can try to strengthen the muscles as well as tighten the flabby skin.
A push-up might be the most common exercises in a weight loss or bodybuilding regime. It is easy to start with and requires no instrument or special surroundings. That is what makes it so popular and effective for those loosen skin.
- Stand perfectly straight with your arms stretched out parallel to the ground. If you have never done squats before then you should try doing this against a wall.
- Keep your legs a shoulder length apart, inhale and bend your knees to go into a sitting position. Do this until your thighs and butt are parallel to the ground. Keep your back straight while the whole process.
- Exhale and return back to the starting position. This is a squat.
- Repeat 10-15 squats in a set and complete 2-3 sets over a period of half an hour to get the fastest results.
- Increase the intensity of the exercise by holding weights in your hands.
Squats are one of the best exercises to lose fat and tighten flabby skin developing around the thighs, butt and leg region. This exercise also doesn’t require any instruments, at least till the starting phase.
- This exercise requires the use of some weights. Start by trying out the smallest weight and then work your way up.
- Hold a weight in both of your arms and raise them straight above your head. Most of the exercise involves the movement of hands only.
- Bend your arms backward while holding the weights. Go all the way until you start experiencing a strain on your arms. Hold for a couple of seconds and then raise your arms above the head.
- Repeat the whole steps 10-15 times in a set and repeat as many sets as you can. Increase the weights for the added strain.
Bicep curls work on the loose muscles and fat around your arms. Raising your hands and moving them up and down constantly while carrying a weight puts stress on the muscles and compel them to tighten up.
- Start by standing straight and keeping your legs a foot or wide apart. Your palms should be easily resting on the side of your hips.
- Take a deep breath and take a huge step forward so that your stationary knee touches the ground is at least very close to it.
- Stay in the position for about 5-10 seconds and go back to standing straight. Exhale at this moment.
- Now repeat the step procedure with your other leg, trying to touch the idle leg to the ground.
- These steps constitute a lunge. Do around 20 of these to work on your thighs and legs.
If you want to strengthen your core as well then lunges is the exercise for you. It trains the entire body, tones the muscles of your legs and thighs, strengthens the kneecaps and much more. This is a very basic and important exercise.
- Spread a yoga mat on the ground and lay sideways on it. Keep your dominant hand to support the body weight first. The elbows should be parallel to the ground and perpendicular to the body.
- Keep your other hand on your stomach and try to lift your body while on its side. The weight should be distributed to your dominant arm and the corresponding leg.
- Hold the lifted position for 5-10 seconds to complete the plank position. Return slowly back but don’t let your stomach touch the ground if you want to go again.
- Repeat the above three procedures 5-10 times, each time increasing the holding period a little longer.
- There are a lot of modifications that can be brought to this exercise as well. You can hold weights in your free arm and raise them up while simultaneously raising your body. You can raise your leg at the same time as well.
Side plank is just a harder and intensive version of the common plank. You need to balance your body weight on just on one hand rather than two which makes the holding the position more painful. Side planks are very successful in providing toned abs and tighter abdomen region.