There are a lot of brands and companies which release a number of skin whitening and lightening creams every year. They are heavily advertised and show big claims of what they can do without any real testimonial. If you don’t want to spend your hard earned money on buying expensive and fancy creams which don’t seem to do anything to your skin then you must try these creams which are totally natural and made from homemade ingredients. They only do one thing to your skin and that is make it look more beautiful and brighter than it was ever before.
Yogurt and Honey
You Will Need:
- 1 Cup of Yogurt
- 1 Tablespoon of Honey
- 1 Teaspoon of Lemon Juice
- Add a tablespoon of raw organic honey to a cup of yogurt and mix them together until there are no lumps of yogurt remaining in the cup.
- Now pour a teaspoon of freshly squeezed lemon juice over the mixture and mix it as well. You should now have a thick sticky paste.
- Wash your face with some lukewarm water first and then gently spread the yogurt paste on your face.
- Leave the paste as it is for about 15-20 minutes until it settles and dries on your face.
- Rinse off the paste by splashing lukewarm water over it and then applying a facial cleanser to properly remove any remnants of the paste.
- Repeat this remedy three to four times a week to get a natural looking brighter skin instantly.
The lactic acid present in the yogurt along with the anti-inflammatory properties of honey help in restoring the fairness and texture of the skin after regular usage. This remedy is very effective in increasing the skin complexion of your face.
You Will Need:
- 2 Tablespoons of Cocoa Butter
- 1 Tablespoon of Olive Oil
- Mix a tablespoon of virgin olive oil with a couple of tablespoons of cocoa butter in a small cup.
- Put this cup over a hot water bath and stir both the ingredients til the butter melts and mixes with the olive oil completely.
- Bring the paste away from the water bath and keep it aside for a few minutes until it cools down to room temperature.
- Apply this paste on your face and neck region and then gently massage it for a few minutes.
- Let the paste applied to your face for a night to get the best results.
- Wash your face with lukewarm water in the morning and then follow up with a moisturizer to seal in the moisture of your skin. Pat your skin dry with a clean towel.
- Use this cream every night before going to sleep to see an increase in skin tone after a week of use.
This cocoa butter and olive oil cream are not only effective in giving you a brighter looking skin but it also makes your skin soft and supple. Prepare a big batch of this cream and store it in a clean glass bottle in a cool dark place.
Sandalwood and Milk
You Will Need:
- 2 Tablespoons of Sandalwood Powder
- Essential Oil
- Take a couple of tablespoons of sandalwood powder and then add enough milk to it to make a thick paste.
- Add a few drops of any essential oil of your liking to give the paste a little aroma. This step is totally optional.
- Gently spread the paste on your face and scrub it with your fingers to distribute it evenly throughout your face.
- Wait for half an hour or so until the paste dries out completely and forms a solid layer on your face.
- Remove the dried paste by washing it with some lukewarm water. You can also dip a cloth in water and use it to rub off the paste.
- Repeat this process two to three times a week to get the best results.
Sandalwood or Chandan as it is more commonly known in India is a very beneficial herb used in a lot of skin conditions. It acts on the melanin present in the skin to improve its brightness and skin tone. This sandalwood cream will also soothe your skin and make it a little cooler, handy for summer days.
Turmeric and Rose Water
You Will Need:
- 2 Tablespoons of Turmeric Powder
- 1 Tablespoon of Rose Water
- 1 Tablespoon of Lemon Juice
- Mix all the ingredients in a small bowl until they make a thick and smooth paste. Make sure to use fresh and natural ingredients only and don’t use edible turmeric as it will leave stains on the skin.
- Wash your face with lukewarm water first to remove any makeup and open up the pores so that the paste works better.
- Now, apply the turmeric paste on your face and neck region using your fingers and spread it all over your skin.
- Leave the paste as it is for about 20 minutes to half an hour to allow it penetrate into the skin and dry off completely.
- Take a cloth soaked in lukewarm water to scrub off the dried paste from your face. Follow up with a mild moisturizer to retain the natural moisture of the skin inside.
- Make a big batch of this cream and store it in a glass bottle to use every day to make your skin whiter than before.
The lightening and bleaching properties of turmeric and lemon juice are known worldwide. Regular usage of this paste is bound to give you a much brighter skin and that too naturally at home without using any chemicals. Be careful while using this remedy as it can leave stains on your clothes and skin as well.
You Will Need:
- 2 Tablespoons of Aloe Vera
- 3-4 Drops of Essential Oil
- Extract some pure aloe vera gel from a fresh aloe leaf and keep it aside in a cup.
- Add some drops of any essential oil to the gel and keep it in a warm water bath so that it mixes properly.
- Apply this aloe vera gel on your face using your hands or a brush and cover your entire face with it.
- The aloe vera gel will start losing moisture to the skin and will dry up after a period of 10-15 minutes only.
- Wash off the dried aloe vera gel after 20 minutes using normal tepid water and then pat the skin dry with a clean towel.
- Repeat this remedy on alternate days to improve the overall health of your skin and also make it lighter.
The wonderful aloe vera which can be grown in our backyard has a plethora of benefits for our skin, hairs, and health. Incorporating aloe vera gel to your beauty regime can prove to be a very good idea in the long run for the health of our skin.
You might find this article interesting How To Use Chickpeas To Lighten Skin Tone
You might find this article interesting Homemade Bath Powder To Maintain Skin Tone
You might find this article interesting How to Remove Henna stains from Skin