A scrub or body polish is a spa treatment which exfoliates the skin on your body leaving it feeling fresh, smooth, moisturized and soft. An abrasive product is rubbed vigorously, and massaged across and into your skin, and is then rinsed away to reveal a moisturized layer of fresh, clean and smooth skin. There are various types of body polishing treatments available in the salons. Take to your aesthetician about your skin type before opting for a body-polishing skin treatment.
Body polishing treatment with salts
- If the polish uses salt, it might be called a salt scrub, salt glow or sea salt scrub. The exfoliation is usually followed by a shower and an application of body lotion.
What happens during a body polishing treatment:
- A body polish usually takes place in a wet room, which has a tile floor and a drain.
- The therapist may offer you disposable underwear, the leave the room.
- You will start face-down on a massage table covered with a towel, a sheet or a thin piece of plastic, or on a special wet table that has a Vichy shower overhead.
- In that case, you won’t have to get up to be rinsed off.
- The therapist will return and start by gently rubbing the exfoliant on your back, the backs of your arms, and the backs of your legs and feet.
- You are draped with a towel or sheet, so only the part she is working on is exposed.
- Then you turn over and she does the other side.
- When the therapist is finished, you usually step into a shower to rinse off.
- Be sure to rinse thoroughly so you don’t take little granules back to the table.
- And don’t use shower gel — it’s good to keep the oil and aromatics on your skin.
- If the spa is doing the treatment on a special wet table, the therapist will either rinse you off with a hand-held shower or turn on a Vichy shower.
- If you step into the shower, the therapist will put clean sheets on the treatment table while you’re showering and step out of the room again.
- You dry off and lie face-down on the treatment table underneath a sheet or towel.
- Then the therapist returns and applies body lotion or oil.
Benefits of body polishing treatment:
- It visibly reduces pigmentation, not many of us are blessed with blemish-free skin, and hence we have to rely on either makeup or some skin treatment to get rid of the blemishes from our skin. Body polishing helps to get rid of minute flaws like blemishes from our skin at an instant. Getting it done regularly might as well just remove uneven spots from your skin and prevent them from coming back all over again.
- This treatment hydrates the skin from deep within. Not many of us are aware of the fine line between hydration and moisturization, you need to hydrate your skin from deep within if you want to keep the early signs of aging at bay. Moisturizing your skin means locking in the hydration with an additional layer of a creamy product that improves your overall appearance in the long-run.
- This treatment also stimulates blood flow in your nerves, thereby keeping the early signs of aging at bay. If you want smooth and healthy skin that also feels soft and supple then you must invest in a good body polishing treatment. Body polishing comes with a price tag but considering the multiple health benefits they provide, it is worth the investment.
- If you have extremely dry or flaky skin, then you must try out this treatment at least once to get rid of all the dryness and add in more nourishment to your skin. Trust me, it will leave your skin feeling smoother and softer than ever before. If you want baby-soft, smooth and buttery textured skin this skin treatment is the right choice for you.
- Just like your face the skin on your body has open pores that tend to get clogged sometimes. Body polishing treatment helps to open the clogged skin pores and allows the skincare products to penetrate into the deeper layers of your skin and allows you to enjoy multiple skincare benefits in the long run.
- It rejuvenates your skin from deep within. Body polishing involves a lot of skincare products that are used in tandem with each other, these products rejuvenate your skin cells from deep within. If you want to flaunt your body in a short summer dress then consider getting this treatment done to make sure that your skin looks healthy and fresh all day long.
- This treatment has many therapeutic effects on your mind. It allows your mind to relax for a while and pamper yourself in the long-run with extensive skincare. Besides that, it energizes your body from the inside, thereby not letting you feel fatigued at all. It also removes sun tan from your body.
- It reenergizes you from the inside. When the aesthetician does his/her job with a light hand on your body your muscles feel relaxed and also calms down your troubled mind. It improves blood circulation and thus makes you feel full of energy and vitality all over again. It is not just a great treatment for your body but also your mind to relaxed after a long time.
- It improves your skin complexion. If you are someone who has already laid hands on all the skin treatments that you can try and yet you are dissatisfied with the results, then go for body polishing treatment. It will definitely take away all the fatigue from your body and stress from your mind.
- It is one such treatment that can fix most of your skin woes like clogged pores, suntan, uneven skin tone and whatnot. Body polishing treatment is available for both men and women in unisex salons, you can enjoy a great time with your partner along with some much-required skincare benefits in the long-run.
- It promotes new cell growth and deep exfoliation ensures that you get rid of dead skin cells and fresher layer of skin comes to the surface, the scrubs that are used for body polishing maybe a little abrasive on your skin as they have a more granulated texture as compared to the scrubs that are formulated to be specifically used only on the face. These scrubs are used on coarse skin so as to get rid of dead skin cells, blackheads and whiteheads from the body.
Things to take into consideration before getting this treatment done
- It is very important to let your aesthetician know if you suffered from any burns or allergies before getting this treatment done. Make sure that the part of your skin that got burnt is left untouched.
- Unfortunately, this treatment is not for everyone. If you extremely sensitive skin or if you are allergic to most of the ingredients that are usually found in cosmetics then you must seek professional help before getting this treatment done.
- Too much of anything is always bad and so is this treatment. Do not overdo this treatment, no matter how tempting it seems to be, overdoing this treatment will scrape your skin of its natural moisture and oil balance and that is certainly not something that you would like to happen to your skin.
- Avoid stepping out into the sun as much as possible before completing the body polishing treatment.
- It is better if you get this treatment done just once in a fortnight, but if you want to splurge into intense skincare then, leave a gap of at least 7 days in between your sessions. This time-lapse will make sure that your skin gets at least a week’s time to get adjusted to this treatment.