- Place 1 tbsp. of unsalted softened butter in a blender. Butter is an excellent source of Vitamin A and makes a perfect face mask for sensitive, damaged or sunburned skin.
- Add one large strawberry to the blender if you have normal to dry skin. Strawberries are high in alpha-hydroxy acids, and will help to clear acne and gently clean the skin. Alpha-hydroxy acids are also said to slow the process of aging, reducing and preventing wrinkles.
- Place one quarter or about a 1-inch slice of cucumber into the blender if you would like to combat dark circles around the eyes or puffiness in your face and neck. Cucumber not only reduces puffiness, but it is also the same pH as skin, gently cleansing without stripping your face of its natural protective oils. For added benefit, cut two thin slices of cucumber to cover your eyes during your facial, and eat the rest of the cucumber, which can help to reduce water retention.
- Squeeze 1 tbsp. of fresh lemon into the blender if you would like a butter face mask formulated for oily skin. Lemon is a natural and gentle astringent that cleans oil from the skin without over-drying. Lemon also refines and cleans pores, ridding your face of blackheads and oily shine.
- Crack an egg and add the yolk to the blender for dry skin. Egg yolks, which contain high amounts of albumin, will moisturize dry skin and will help to refine pores and reduce fine lines and wrinkles.
- Blend the butter and your chosen ingredient. Apply the facial evenly to your clean face and neck and allow to set for 10 or 15 minutes before rinsing with cool water and patting dry.
You might find this article interesting How To Reduce Dark Circles