Our lifestyle has become very strenuous and it affects our skin drastically. It has become necessary to use facial masks regularly to tone, rejuvenate and moisturize our skin. Friends, take help of natural ingredient like a carrot to make a homemade facial mask that will work on all types of skin.
Carrot + Lemon Juice + Olive Oil + Raw Honey Moisturizing Face Mask
- Take a fresh carrot, peel and cut it in small pieces.
- Boil it in water at low flame till it becomes tender.
- Take it out and mash it with a fork or you can simply blend it in a blender.
- Let it cool down at room temperature.
- Place the mashed or blended carrot in a glass bowl and add half tbsp each of raw honey and olive oil.
- Mix it properly and lastly add half tsp of freshly squeezed lemon juice to it.
- Mix it to get a smooth paste of even consistency.
- Make sure you have cleaned your face with a mild cleanser.
- Apply the mask to your face with help of your fingertips.
- Leave it to dry for fifteen minutes.
- Rinse it away with warm water and pat your skin dry with a soft cloth.
- You can apply a few drops of moisturizer if you have dry skin.
How it Works:
Carrots are antiseptic by nature and are enriched with vitamins and iron. It is an antioxidant and hence cleans the skin of impurities and retains the moisture content. Lemon juice is an astringent and hence clears the skin from blemishes. Olive oil prevents damage caused by free radicals. Raw honey is a humectant and keeps the skin moisturized. This is one of the most popular carrot moisturizing facial masks and can breathe life in the skin by making it feel healthy, clean, clear, fresh and hydrated. Use it once every week to get desired results.
Carrot + Organic Coconut Oil Moisturizing Face Mask
- Take a carrot, peel, and cut and boil it with water in a pan under low flame until it becomes soft.
- Take it out, drain the water and let the carrot cool.
- Put it in a blender and add one tbsp of organic coconut oil and blend both ingredients to make a fine paste.
- Wash and clean your face beforehand.
- Apply the paste on your face with help of a brush or your fingertips.
- Massage gently for a few minutes in a circular motion so that the good nutrients seep inside the pores and moisturize the skin properly.
- Leave it to dry for fifteen to twenty minutes.
- Rinse it away with warm water and pat your skin dry.
- You can take a few drops of coconut oil and apply it as a moisturizer.
How it Works:
Carrots are rich in vitamin A, K, E and C, and Potassium. It protects the skin from damage, reduces acne, pimples, and keeps the skin hydrated. Coconut oil is rich in antifungal and antibacterial properties, that seep deep inside the pores and keeps the skin clean and moisturized. Use this moisturizing face mask once a week.
The most wonderful thing about homemade facial masks is that it can be molded to suit individual needs by blending different natural ingredients with each other. Carrot facial masks are ideal for oily, dry and normal skin and must be used regularly for desired results.