Acne is a real headache that troubles millions of people every day. It is stubborn, occurs anytime they want and generally pops out in the worst possible place ever. If you are tired of buying and using expensive creams everytime you get acne and want to switch to something natural then this post is for you. Here are some remedies involving coconut oil and baking soda which would clear your acne in just a week.
- Add a couple of tablespoons of baking soda in half a cup of warm water and mix them together to make a smooth paste.
- Apply this paste on your face and spread it evenly using your fingers. Massage the face for about 10-15 minutes to get a good exfoliation.
- Leave the paste as it is for about an additional 10 minutes until it dries off.
- Wash off the paste using lukewarm water and a damp cloth so that every trace of the baking soda is removed. Pat the skin dry with a towel.
- Repeat this remedy three to four times in a week to get rid of acne quickly.
The texture of baking soda makes it a very good natural exfoliator which helps in clearing out the pores of any dust or dirt accumulated. Use this remedy regularly to get the best results.
- Take a tablespoon of coconut oil and heat it over a medium flame until it melts completely.
- Use a cotton ball to soak up some of the coconut oil and then lightly dab it on the acne prone areas and the skin surrounding it.
- Massage the face for a bit after applying the coconut oil and then leave it like that for about 10-15 minutes.
- You can leave the coconut oil as it is if you like or can wash it off with normal tepid water if you have excess oily skin as the coconut oil can also clog the pores if left for too long.
- Use this process two to three times in a week to not only get rid of the acne but also get a smooth and soft skin.
Coconut oil contains lauric acid which is responsible for killing the bacteria which cause acne. This is a very good home remedy to heal acne as well as prevent them from occurring if you use it regularly.
Baking Soda and Coconut Oil
- Melt the same amount of coconut oil as in the previous remedy and then put a couple of tablespoons of baking soda into it.
- Mix both the ingredients together to make a smooth and thick paste.
- Spread this paste all over your face or just the acne affected areas and leave it like that for about half an hour or so.
- Wash off the dried paste with lukewarm water and then follow up with a mild moisturizer to seal in the natural moisture of the skin.
- Try to use this remedy on alternate days when you have acne or two to three times in a week to prevent acne from popping up unannounced.
Baking soda and coconut oil make up for a really effective combination against acne. This remedy will also help you in getting rid of the redness caused due to acne and also the breakouts that occur near the nose. Use this remedy regularly and properly to get the best results.
You might find this article interesting How to get rid of Headache