Exfoliate dark knees and dark elbows. Exfoliating your skin is important because it will remove dead skin cells and will encourage the growth of a new layer of skin. Exfoliate every other day and after exfoliating and lightening your dark patches, you will need to apply a liberal amount of moisturizer to help keep dry skin under control. Twice a day, coat the treated areas with honey or petroleum jelly. Leave the treatment on for at least 30 minutes, then wipe away with a paper towel.
1. Combine a ½ cup of brown sugar, 1 tbsp. of honey and 1 tsp. of olive oil in a small dish and rub it gently over the darkened skin. Move your fingers in a circular motion to help loosen any surface debris and then wipe the scrub away with a washcloth. Rinse with warm water and pat dry.
2. To lighten the dark areas use lemon. Apply lemon juice Allow the juice to stay on the skin for at least 15 to 20 minutes, before rinsing it off. To maximize the effect, repeat it a couple of times a day.
3. To combine exfoliation with lightening, you can add some sugar to the lemon juice, before applying it to your skin.
4. Baking soda is an excellent natural scrub. Make a paste of baking powder using milk or lemon juice. Apply the paste on the dark area and leave for about five minutes and then wash it off.
5. Take 2 tsp of yogurt and add some almond powder to it. Apply on the affected areas. Once the mixture dries, rub it clean.
6.Mix 1 tbsp. besan(chickpea powder),1/4 tsp.turmeric and 1 tsp.curd and massage the mixture on your knees and elbows. Doing this regularly imparts a glow to your knees and elbows.
7. Applying aloe vera gel regularly on dark knees and elbows is also known to be helpful.
8. Always apply sunscreen. you can use moisturizers with SPF to lighten dark knees/elbows.
9. Make a mixture of sour curd, a teaspoon of white vinegar and flour to make a thick paste. Rub your elbows and knees with this paste for about 15 minutes and then rinse off with cold water. Repeat this process twice a week to get the best results.
10. Take a fresh aloe vera leaf, slit it from the middle to get the aloe vera pulp, sprinkle some turmeric on it and rub it on your elbows and knees for a while, wash it off with cold water. Apply a body butter for long-lasting results. Try this home remedy daily and you can see visible changes in a week’s time.
11. If you want an all natural hassle-free home remedy then just take some cold pressed coconut oil, microwave it for 2 minutes and apply it on your elbows and knees. Take a warm shower after that, do not apply shower gel on the affected areas. Do it continuously for a week to get the best results.
12. Make turmeric paste in a bowl by mixing it with some raw milk, adjust the consistency as per your liking to make an ubtan. Apply it on the affected areas and let it dry out, then wash off with warm water. Follow up with a body lotion to get the best results.
13. You can also combine turmeric with milk and honey to make a skin pack which will help lighten your darkened knees elbows both. Turmeric is known to help lighten and brighten the skin in India for thousands of years and milk also has mild bleaching properties. That is why this remedy can help you lighten your skin.
14. Cucumber also contains compounds in it which provide it with bleaching properties. Thus it can help lighten the skin and further improve its health by ample moisturization due to it being mostly made up of water. Just rub slices of cucumber on your knees and elbows and rinse them only after at least 15 minutes have passed. Thus, cucumber helps you to achieve an even and better skin tone.
15. Papaya also holds similar bleaching properties. Moreover, it is packed with healthy antioxidants which help protect the skin from oxidative damage which may lead to a variety of skin issues including premature aging and hyperpigmentation. So, just rub some pulp or a slice of papaya on your knees and elbows and rinse only after it has been sitting on your skin for a while.
16. You can also utilize hydrogen peroxide which is an over the counter chemical which is used for the exfoliation of the skin. Thus, it also possesses mild bleaching properties which means that it can effectively lighten your knees and elbows. This is the reason why it is a common ingredient amongst many beauty products. Using it is simple too, just apply some of it on your elbows and knees using a cotton ball or something. Wash it after it has been sitting there for about 15 minutes.
17. You could make a facial scrub using oatmeal which can help brighten up your skin significantly. Just mix some lemon juice, oatmeal, and salt to obtain the scrub. Then, scrub your elbows and knees with the mixture for about 10 to 15 minutes before rinsing it out with warm water. Oatmeal also works as a fantastic exfoliator of the skin. You can also prepare a simpler remedy with oatmeal. Just mix some of it with some milk to form a paste.
18. Use apple cider vinegar on your elbows and knees to improve their complexion. It is acidic in nature and helps cleanse dead skin cells and other impurities from the skin. You can also combine it with a little bit of baking soda to prepare a separate skin pack to apply onto the knees and elbows to lighten and brighten them up.
19. Citrus in fruits is proven to be effective in evening out the skin’s complexion and that worked even when it was ingested. All in all, citrus has a hand to play in the evening out and balancing the skin’s tone and complexion. To utilize citrus in such a way, just get a citrus fruit like lemon or orange and then squeeze out their juice. Then, just apply the juice onto your knees and elbows.