If a woman gets periods regularly every month it means that her body is working fine and it is a sign of healthy body. But sometimes when we have to go for a trip or attend a wedding then we might want to delay the periods. There are OTC medicines available on the market but they come with several side effects.
So following are the home remedies that will help you to delay your periods without any side effects:
Fuller’s earth or Multani mitti helps in delaying the period.
- Fuller’s earth: 30 grams
- Water: ½ liters
- Soak the fuller’s earth in ½ liters of water for 4 hours.
- Strain the water and divide it into 4 equal parts.
- Drink all the 4 parts of the strained water on the same day at a gap of 2 hours.
- Repeat these steps for 6- 8 days before the due date of your periods.
Cinnamon tea not only helps in delaying the periods but also provides a soothing effect on the body.
- Water: 2 cups
- Cinnamon stick: 1- 2
- Pour 2 cups of water in a saucepan and put it on the stove. Keep the gas at low heat.
- Add a cinnamon stick to it.
- After 15 minutes, turn off the gas. Strain this cinnamon tea into a cup.
- Wait till it becomes lukewarm and then drink it.
- Drink this tea 2 times a day.
- Start drinking it 8- 9 days before your due date.
GRAM LENTIL SOUP
- Water: 3- 4 cups
- Gram lentil: 1 cup
- Roast the gram lentils. Then grind these roasted gram lentils in a mixer to make a powder.
- In a saucepan, add this powder and water.
- Put it on a gas stove at low heat for 10- 15 minutes.
- Drink this gram lentil soup once a day regularly.
- Start drinking it 8 days before the due date of your periods.
Lemon contains citric acid which helps in delaying the period naturally.
- Water: 100 ml
- Lemons: 2- 3
- Sugar: 1 teaspoon
- Take 100 ml of water in a glass and add the juice of 2- 3 lemons to it.
- Add 1 teaspoon of sugar to it.
- Drink this mixture for 3 times a day.
- Start drinking it 5 days before the due date of your periods.
It helps in pushing periods for a few days.
- Water: 300 ml
- Sugar: 1 teaspoon
- Tamarind: 15 gms
- Salt: 1 pinch
- Soak the tamarind in the water for overnight.
- The next morning, take out the tamarind seeds and strain the water.
- Add salt and sugar to this water and drink this.
- Drink the water on empty stomach.
- Start drinking this water once every day, 8 days prior to the due date of your periods.
- Due to pushing the periods for few days using home remedies, you might feel fatigue and get mood swings.
- Don’t delay your periods very often as it might be risky for your body and will lead to serious disturbance in your menstruation cycle. So, delay your periods only when it’s really very urgent.
- By using the home remedies the periods can be delayed for at most 1 week. So, be prepared and start the remedies accordingly.
- While you are doing these remedies make sure you avoid spices because spices or spicy foods trigger the periods to come early.