So today this post is about Desi ubtan for skin brightening and that also in just 10 days
As it is very clear from it name, this ubtan is made from all ingredients available at your home. let me quickly share recipe of this with you:
Masoor dal – one cup
Gram flour (or besan) – one-fourth cup
Oatmeal (or ‘jau ka atta’ as it is commonly called) or oats – half a cup
Almonds – 8-9
Raw rice – one fourth cup
Turmeric – a pinch(or two)
Grind the masoor dal, almonds, raw rice separately.
Then mix all the powders together. The mixture won’t be smooth because the masoor dal and the almonds may not grind to a smooth powder.
Mix two three spoons of besan and one spoon of oat meal (If you had used oats in place of oat meal, grind the oats to a powder and then mix it). Mix a pinch or two of turmeric
Procedure to use it:
- Put some water on your face
- Make a paste of this mixture by adding simple water. You can replace water with rose water or curd also
- Apply this paste on face and leave it for 2 minutes
- Now gently scrub your face in circular upward motion and wash it off
For me I could see positive results in just 10 days
Benefits of this ubtan
- Oatmeal acts as a mild scrub for facial skin.
- Almonds are loaded with vitamin E which would help you to get a healthier glowing skin.
- Rice powder consist of skin lightening agents which would lighten the skin and would provide an extra benefit in the form of a natural sunscreen.
- Turmeric acts as a natural detoxificant, fights acne and combats its marks.
- Masoor dal acts as a gentle scrub and has an additional benefit of skin brightening.
If you have dry skin, instead of curd use milk cream
You might find this article interesting Besan, Amazing Beauty Benefits For Skin And Hair