For proper hair growth your hair needs a balanced percentage of amino acids and B-vitamins. It has been found that certain minerals including magnesium, sulfur, silica and zinc are also very important toward maintaining healthy hair. Beta-carotene is also important to hair growth. Beta-carotene is found in green and yellow vegetables and fruits.
Protein is the most important ingredient for promoting hair growth since hair is basically 98 Percent Protein. Thus a diet that is too low in protein may cause thinning in hair or retardation in the growth cycle. Nutritionists advise healthy hair seekers to eat well-balanced diets that incorporate healthy proteins along with foods high in vitamin B, C, E, A and K.
For healthy and strong hair your body requires two essential fatty acids, omega-3 and omega-6, that are not produced naturally by the human body. Vegetables and fruits are also essential for beautiful long hair. Consuming foods rich in copper, iron, magnesium, potassium, zinc and other natural food elements is also helpful. Raw nuts, seed and grains are the safest foods to select for maintaining and growing healthy hair. They furnish hormones, enzymes, vitamins, minerals, many of which are not contained in cooked and processed foods.
Drink eight to ten glasses of water a day. Water helps cleanse your body of chemical wastes, pollutants, toxins and other impurities. When you keep yourself well hydrated and clear of toxins, your live is free to help process all the proper nutrients that your body needs.
Apart from following this diet, you can also try out this homemade, chemical-free, organic hair mask to get long, shiny and strong tresses without spending a fortune in the salon.
Black mustard seed hair mask for strong and shiny hair
- Black mustard seed powder: 5 tablespoons
- Fenugreek seed powder: 1 tablespoon
- Reetha powder: 1 tablespoon
- Aloe vera gel: 2 tablespoons
- Extra virgin coconut oil: quarter cup
- Hexane free castor oil: 1 tablespoon
- Hair color applicator: 1
- Shower cap: 1
- Gloves: 1 pair
- Towel: 1
- Mix all the ingredients in a container to form a hair mask with a medium consistency.
- Nourish your scalp with the goodness of extra virgin coconut oil beforehand to maximize the benefits of this hair mask.
- Wear a pair of gloves.
- Comb through your hair with a wide-toothed comb to make sure your hair strands are detangled neatly.
- Divide your hair into small sections.
- Apply this hair mask from the roots to the tips of your hair with the help of a hair color applicator.
- Wear a shower cap to make sure this hair mask does not dry out completely.
- Keep it on for about 35-40 minutes.
- Rinse off with lukewarm water.
- Later on, use a shampoo and conditioner.
- Squeeze out excess water from your hair strands and wrap it up in a towel for about 10 minutes.
- Air-dry your hair.
- Apply a hair serum of your choice.
- Comb your hair with a paddle brush after it dries out completely.
Try this home remedy once in a week.
You might find this article interesting Oatmeal Bath – 10 Ultimate Ways To Relax Your Skin