Various products are available in the market for adding volume to your hair but DIY hair volumizing powder is one of its kind. It does not adds the volume to your hair temporary but makes sure it stays forever.
To know how to make several hair volumizing powders, read further:
- Add two teaspoons of cornstarch to a teaspoon of rice flour.
- Mix the two ingredients.
- Then, pour a drop of rosemary oil to this mixture and give it a stir.
- Using your fingers, apply this mixture to your scalp and hair roots.
- Massage in circular motion and then comb your hair gently and you are good to go!
How this works:
Corn starch and rice flour together acts as a great combo, as they not only adds volume to your hair but also absorbs the excess sebum production in your scalp. Rosemary adds a little fragrance to the mixture and makes sure your hair does not stink. Keep remember to comb and de-tangle your hair before the application of this powder.
- Pour a tablespoon of cocoa powder in a bowl.
- Then, add 4 drops of lavender essential oil into it. Mix them together.
- Transfer the mixture in a salt sprinkler for easy application.
- De-tangle your hair and then sprinkle the powder in your scalp carefully.
- Then, massage a little with your fingers and comb your hair gently for the perfect volume in your hair.
How this works:
Cocoa powder absorbs the excess oil in your scalp and thus adds volume to it. Also, due to its dark colour it is not visible in the hair. Lavender essential oil adds a fragrance to the mixture and makes sure your hair does not stink.
- Mix a tablespoon of potato powder with half a tablespoon of rice flour.
- Then, add 5- 6 drops of rosemary oil to it.
- Mix all the ingredients well, then transfer the mixture in a salt sprinkler for better application.
- Comb your hair and make sure they are de-tangled, then sprinkle the product in your scalp and massage using your finger tips.
- Once done, comb again to get the perfect volume in your hair.
Potato powder and rice flour together works great for adding volume to the hair. Both of them, absorbs the excess oil in your scalp. Rosemary oil adds fragrance and makes your hair smell fresh.
- Put a half a tablespoon of baking soda in a cup, then add 4 teaspoons of oat flour to it.
- Mix them together.
- Once done, add 5-6 drops of sandalwood oil or any essential oil you like.
- Give this mixture a stir and store it in a salt sprinkler.
- De-tangle your hair and sprinkle the mixture in your scalp and massage in circular motions.
- Then, comb your hair again and you are done!
Baking soda maintains pH level of the scalp and along with oat flour it helps in absorbing excess oil from your hair, thus adds volume to it. Sandalwood oil or any other essential oil helps in adding fragrance to your hair and makes sure you feel fresh.
You might find this article interesting Papaya Mask for Thick, Strong, Shiny and Healthy Hair